Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911R VIN Number

Smile 911R VIN Number

Hello all,
    I'd like to know if somebody knows something about this 911R.
    This is of course not the original color, but anyway i want to know if somebody can tell me if this a is a real one, and if yes, what is the VIN number.
    there is also 2 viedo about this one. (sound is amazing)

Attachment 24936
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well geeeeez leweeeeze....post a link to those videos man! Inquiring minds need to know.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

NICE! Where the heck did you get that pic? Is it a replica (chrome door handles, 65-67 rear view mirror, no flares?)?
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Those look like R flairs to me.

Bob T. those look like more than the stock rear wheel arches to me. Here is the 1964-68 rear fender line for reference.

Can we have Rick Cabell chime in on the rear fender line - he has recent exposure to the "R".

If that's a repro "R" it sure is nice. Oil tank in fender, front fenders/signals, thru the hood tank filler.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Hello: All it takes is time and money and you could own a real 911R clone! Thanks Eric

Here is the links for the Videos,

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulleti...ead.php?t=6574

Even in the interior it seems a real one or a very good copy !!!

What a fabulous car !!

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

More rear fender flair

Again for comparison only:

That rear flair has a kick out at the bumper with an additional slope out from the fender line above it. That wheel looks to be a 7" (or at least a much wider stance).

Andy, I agree great looking car... I feel a little embarased comparing my plain jane 65 to it.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

That looks like a standard lwb '69-'73 rear flare to me...

I haven't got one of my 911R-inspired '72 from a similar angle but...

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Sorry - I meant to say R flares. On the R I believe the turn out is dramatic compared to a LWB flare on a SWB body. Also I believe the rear bumper turns out to flow with the dramatic R flare. All in all that is a beauty of a car! Would love to see more pics!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com