Thread: where can I get floor "sound padding" for my 71'?

where can I get floor "sound padding" for my 71'?

Where can I get floor "sound padding" for my 71'? I have attached a pic of a 73' padding, but as you can see the 73' had a "hexagon" pattern, whereas a 71' has a smooth texture I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

anyone? Does Pelican sell this padding? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Sound Dampening

Don't know if you'll ever be able to replicate the real deal, but have you considered the use of Dynamat? Widely available, easily applied and quite reversible if you want to remove it. It has an adhesive backing and lays right down on whatever panel you want to cover.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

crap! My padding was fine in my car, but thought I would chip/rip it all out for a brand new one which would look better, but had I known that this stuff is not available anymore, I would have never ripped it out. Can someone confirm that this is not in stock anymore?

So how do the porsche restorers do this? I just checked Dynamat's website but their padding is nearly half inch!!! This stuff is commmonly used on pickup trucks and muscle cars, but to add heavy half-inch thick padding to a little porsche is outrageous!!

Anyone one have NOS or correct padding? I would like to keep the car as original as possible.

Dynamat

Erick, There has to be several different types of Dynamat. The stuff I've seen has never been more than a couple of millimeters thick. It's very thin, which is how it conforms so well to the angles of the surface to which its applied. Check your local stereo installation shops. The stuff is almost paper thin.

I didn't mean to give you the impression the OE stuff is no longer available. I have no idea if that is true. You could always try calling a couple of reputable restoration shops that do a lot of Porsches.

Good luck.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Probably a call to Stoddards would confirm OE availability. One would have to consider them *the* main lead in this kind of information or at least a starting reference point before wandering into all the alternatives.

My question is this. How the heck to you remove that original stuff without shredding it or can this actually be done at all?
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Talking correct floor padding

I found very close to orignal juite padding for my carpet set from GAHH in North Hollywood California. My 1970 911 had the orignal carpet in the car but was shot fron wear. The padding has little round dots about the size of a pencil eraser; maybe alittle bigger. It took two "squares" at $75 each to do the whole car. Ask for Jack. The correct type of padding is hard to find and even my carpet installer did not know where to get it. Just a lucky tip I received from a fellow Early S Reg member. Also on the web:www.gahh.com Regards Chris Early S Reg. #205

carpet padding

soory - phone # is 1-800-722 2292 --GAHH