Thread: Tool Kit Bag for a '69

Tool Kit Bag for a '69

Hi Guys,

Have searched the forums on this but am finding it hard to find a definitive answer...

Did the 1969-year group have a ‘basket weave’ fabric tool kit case? Seems that the factory had a few different options.

Thanks,
    Paul W
    1969 911
    Australian Type 901 Register #77

Mine ('69 911E) is basketweave, putty interior...

I bought the car in March of '82 from the third owner. According to the cardex it is a late '69, originally delivered in July of 1969. As best as I can tell the only thing that was changed on the car are the seats. They are now basketweave leatherette as opposed to the hounds tooth that it was originally delivered with...

When I got the car the toolkit was complete with the exception of the Phillips head screwdriver...

I do not believe you will find a "definitive" answer....
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

I received this info by early911s member Eric some weeks ago:

-------------
    First thing is all bags are black....NO other colors, period.

64 to 66, 2 different textures, both "fabric like" in appearance. One has more horizontal dobby like texture to it. Inside is putty color.

67, very fine cloth like texture, very similar to a fine gauge pinpoint shirt fabric, inside is either putty or red.

68, smooth imitation leather, putty colored interior.

69, smooth imitation leather, most that I have seen have a tan interior, others are putty.

70, 2 different textures, one smooth leather with putty interior, this is also the year that the basketweave vinyl starts, same putty interior.

71 and 72, basketweave vinyl with putty interior.

73 early, same as 71 and 72.

73 mid and later, 2 different bag styles, both in basketweave, one has a string tie, the other has 2 snaps.
    Registry member No.773

Thanks for the responses guys.

Bummler - I too have heard of owners with originaal tool kits for this year that are basket weave.

911T1971 - I saw this post and it was one of the catalysts for my initial question – sounds like the answer is a definite maybe….

Cheers,

Paul
    Paul W
    1969 911
    Australian Type 901 Register #77

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W
    Thanks for the responses guys.

Bummler - I too have heard of owners with originaal tool kits for this year that are basket weave.

911T1971 - I saw this post and it was one of the catalysts for my initial question – sounds like the answer is a definite maybe….

Cheers,

Paul
    ..maybe some late 69's received already "basketweave", like with other Porsche items (Durant mirrors on '72 in some markets, etc).... now i did learn also on this post
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W

Welcome to Porsche...

As new pieces came in they were introduced to the assembly line. That's the way it was for a small manufacturer.

But then we all knew that anyway... Its part of the fun of owning a car like this...
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway