Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: too optimistic?

too optimistic?

I think this guy is a little too optimistic on the value of his 1970 T. Read the last sentence of his description.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=310894

I saw it too and thought the same thing. There are guys on this board with much more original sepia coupes, that have both known history and more desirable year models, who can't seem to sell them for significantly less.

No decals in the engine comp. and what looks to be brown overspray on the gas tank. What does that add up to?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Shouldn't the engine lid hinges be black for 1970?
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

-Aren't 2.2 T equipped originally with Koni's ?..mine from 1971 is.
    -That overhauled carburator is missing already a screw.
    -too bad to replace its original radio.
    -2.2 sticker would be a nice bonus..
    Registry member No.773

The world is filled with liars and those looking to make a quick buck. The internet has given them a new forum to promulgate their fairy tales to the uninitiated...

Caveat Emptor...
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    I do think the guy is a bit optimistic but what exactly is the purpose of picking this car apart? It's SO tiresome for this board to tear apart cars that aren't posted for sale here. The value of our cars continues to rise. If a "legit" guy like Richard Sloan is selling "the best 1967 coupe IN THE WORLD" for $125,000 (see ad in EXCELLENCE) why shouldn't this guy try to get over $25K for this T?
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Well said. Live and let live.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by SandyI
    It's SO tiresome for this board to tear apart cars that aren't posted for sale here. The value of our cars continues to rise. If a "legit" guy like Richard Sloan is selling "the best 1967 coupe IN THE WORLD" for $125,000 (see ad in EXCELLENCE) why shouldn't this guy try to get over $25K for this T?
    I'm fine with your opinion, but to me on the surface it appears that this seller may be trying to misrepresent the vehicle in question.

Original paint: I don’t think so, based simply on the photos presented.

Original upholstery: No photos of the interior so who knows? Predicated on what he is saying about this car this car’s "originality” I would be very suspect.

Body straight: Who knows?.

All this info from the widow?: Again, I would be suspect...

WAY,WAY too much "hyperbole" in the listing. Again, call me a paranoid.

One of the significant reasons to post on this board (to me at least) is to ferret out frauds and phonies who wish to represent their car as something it is not...

I'll take tiresome over dropping $25K+ on a car that is not what they say it is. This ad has a bit of an odor to me. Perhaps I am paranoid, but seeing as how if you follow the trends and what is happening with the value early 911's of late there is a faction out their trying to take advantage of the rising values. Go ahead and flame me, call me paranoid but I’ve been around these cars since 1966. I’m from the better safe than sorry school. I would have a very thorough PPI prior to consummating any deal...

That to me is a big part of what this board is all about....

FLAME AWAY....
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Let 'er rip...

It's like this Sandy, you must not have ever spent a lot of time and money going to look at an early 911 that the seller has described as "pristine," only to find a rusted out POS. With the increase in the value of these cars come the thieves and crooks looking for easy money. I say this board is not nearly as critical as I would like to see it. I appreciate all the input from the truely knowledgeable and honest people here.