Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the road....finally

On the road....finally

It took working on the car every night until past midnight last week, but I finally have it up and running. My friend Pete and I worked until 3:30 a.m. on Saturday morning so that the car could make it to the local PCA event later that day, a few miles from my home. It was a challange, especialy when we had to disassemble and clean the fuel pump at 1 a.m. With the exception of some interior trim and sorting out some of the lighting, it is time to enjoy driving it! More pictures will follow.

Attachment 25220
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

congrats - looking forward to more pics
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Looking forward to those pics Keith!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

More pics and specs please ! One of several dream cars for me(almost all Porsches) are the Porsches with Martini livre, among them the "Mary stuart"

Thanks
    John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Took some more pictures....

The motor and transmission were rebuilt by Butch Stokes here in S. Florida a few years ago prior to my purchasing it. According to Butch, it was rebuilt to stock specs. It was converted to Webers quite a while ago, as I have contacted a previous owner from the gentleman I bought it from. The engine and transmission are original to the car. The suspension was done by Klub Sport here in West Palm Beach. The car still needs detail work done, including the front brakes and some sorting of the lights. So far I'm only a few thousand dollars over budget and counting!!

I've always admired the Martini cars and did this one up for me. My 10 year old son had the opportunity to sit in the 1971 12 hour Sebring winning 917K a few years ago and he has been a fan ever since. Looking forward to lots of fun driving with this car.
    Attachment 25420

Attachment 25421

Attachment 25422

Attachment 25423
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

A few more...

A few more for your viewing pleasure. Some more info on the car. As I suspected when I bought the car, the body was very straight with no previous accident damage with the exception of a small bump on the rear panel. The rust was not too bad as the car lived the majority of its life in Florida. Any rust in the body was replaced with metal. I removed the interior, engine, transmission, and all the trim before sending it our to be painted. My goal was not to make a Parade car, but a really nice driver that I can enjoy.

Attachment 25424

Attachment 25425

Attachment 25426
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Nice Keith....I like to see that in person one day.
    Steve

Rico - I'd like to get together with others in South Florida with early cars. I met a couple at the PCA event up here in Jupiter this past Saturday.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Instant classic! Go for Gulf orange wheels ...
    1951 pre-A 356 (SOLD)
    1972 911T in "no-resale brown"

Thanks. Think I'll stick with the anodized wheels! Drove my son to school in it today and we got a kick out of the looks on all his buddies faces as we arrived.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny