Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car lead

car lead

I have a lead on a car:

1972 911T Sunroof

The owner states the miles are original, around 80k, but has not much in the way of records. The car has some original paint, Tangerine. Its in great condition, and has the rare rear bumper bar. Its dash is cracked and it has incorrect carpeting.

He wants $32K, but I am bit unsure of purchasing a car with no service records.

Any thoughts?

IMO, that price sounds a bit strong. It would have to be a lower mileage, rust-free car with 100% of its documentation and be all there in perfect shape to warrant that strong of a price. The early market seems to have softened somewhat and good T's seem to be trading in the high teens neighborhood. The higher priced cars seem to stay on the market for a looong time. This car would have to be something really special to warrant that kind of price.

For that number, I could hook you up with a nice E targa (not mine) with a bare metal respray in its original color. There is also an original Sepia Brown coupe for sale that has been in the same family all its life. This seems like a really nice car that I believe has all of its documentation. The son of the original owner has it for sale on Pelican for $25k. My 2 cents FWIW.

wow i think that is a ridiculous price for a T w/ 'some' original paint, cracked dash and undocumented mileage.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

What about the motor?

'72 was the first year for the MFI on the T. Some claim they never ran quite as nicely as the carbureted ones or the late '73 CIS cars. Has it at least had a top end rebuild? If not it’s likely gonna need one soon...
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

yeah, i think I might pass on the car, it seems a bit pricey. I wouldn't mind the cosmetic problems if it had its original documentation, but alas, it does not.

i don't know the story behind it but there is a very nice looking '72 T that has been advertised on the classifieds here (or is it early911s.com?) for $35k for some time. Irish green i believe.

maybe somebody else here knows more about it?
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

It is my car

And I will be posting more information, larger pictures, a short video, etc. In a week or two. Spent lots of time making it correct. For example, now waitng for the correct shift knob to be installed soon. It is rust free, mostly New Mexico car, and IS less than 80,000 miles. If you saw it in person, you would not doubt it. Comes with original tool kit, both maroon folders, 4 keys, jack, etc. But, yes, I don't have too many records, although I know of all the owners. It had about 6, including me. With that, records were lost. Sorry about this. It is a nice car!
    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images      

A couple more images

Here are a couple more images. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images   

pretty nice car, just wish it had service records at that price...

That's fine

I wish I had service records too but it doesn't have them. Sometimes we have to go beyond. Some random notes: almost perfect chrome; I pulled the engine and replaced the insulation, changed the FI pump belt, cleaned everything, did a total tune up, changed trnasmission fluid and oil of course. Car runs great! I fixed the sunroof closing and replaced the seals, replace 1/4 seals, It has new CV joints and rear shocks. I could go on and will when I put my complte ad together.

Sometimes we have to blow our own horn. Here is my eBay record, feedback.I've sold several cars on eBay too. Thanks

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS

-Allen-
    PS Just FYI. I try to buy and sell a couple very nice Porsches a year just for fun. It is my hobby and Porsches are my passion.

-