Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a car whose motor was rebuilt by Motor Meister?

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!

Question Would you buy a car whose motor was rebuilt by Motor Meister?

Would you buy a car whose motor has been rebuilt by Motor Meister? I have heard some negative things about them over the years and am wondering what the guys on this board would say. Appreciate any insights. Thanks in advance.

Don from Philly

Lightbulb

Lads,

Please give Don some real and objective facts... lets keep the emotion, rumor, and innuendo out of it…

Me, and many more would like to know the REAL deal as well…

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Loaded question there. It would depend on the rest of the car before I'd consider accepting what might be a major risk. It would also depend on what was done by them. Full rebuild?

Although, I did buy my S sight unseen. What's life without the adventure I say.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Motor Meister

Do a search over on Pelican. This has been hashed over MANY times over there, with some VERY insightful information. Most of the posts are objective, personal experiences with the shop. Read them, and judge for yourself.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Please read this thread and others at relevant forums:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...=motor+meister

This is a post from the link above as an example:

"Add my customer to the list. He sent them a seized 3.3 Turbo, They told him the would build him a 'performance asperaited'engine. For $11,600 he got a 2.7 cis engine built out of used parts with a ,pair of Zenith carbs AND kept his 3.3 turbo engine. It is now in my shop and can be best described as untunable as is."

This post was posted on the 13. Oktober and got 143 answers in a few days. So many people getting robbed.

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Yes, if I was going to rebuild the motor and I was buying the platform and it was solid, had some desirable features.
    No, if I expected to drive it as is, there is too much "noise" regarding Motor Meister and too many other opportunities to find nice cars. Don't need the risk.

Their rating from the Better Business Bureau is BBB which equates to:

A very high rating. A company with this rating would not have a significant number of complaints or other considerations that could pose a problem to consumers.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...anyID=13040699
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I'd judge the engine on what it is, not what ghosts might haunt it. Compression, leakdown, etc. tell the tale.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Hello: Be afraid very afraid. Have someone check it out before buying it. Thanks Eric

I don't have any experience with Motor Meister, but just ask if it got NEW Mahle pistons and cylinders. This is always the first question I ask when I'm inquiring about a car with a "rebuilt" engine. If it doesn't, you know they were cutting corners, and the engine will never last the 100K+ a factory one would. A re-ring will work for a while, but is really just a running core in my opinion.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964