Thread: Refurbish Fuchs R wheels

Refurbish Fuchs R wheels

Hello to the registry members.
    Well I'm new here and a bit Porsche crazy as well . I want to introduce myself - so you know who is writting here
    Unfortunately I do not own a early 911 but only a MY 87 which I will convert to 73 RS look. Sorry . I own as well a nice original 914-6, a 356 Pre A and a Split bus. Except for the 914 all of them are or will be completely restored. Here are a few pics...

and finally the 911 - it is already painted and I'm starting to assemble all the the stuff. It will be a daily driver - summer and winter. Thzat is the reason why a real early is would be not correct for this project. It will have special technical modifications - really great project.

So I guess that are enough pictures and informations.
    Now back to the topic.
    I want to refurbish 911 R wheels and I would like to know if anyone has done this before. I'm asking because I want to keep the ink stamped part number and Fuchs symbol and I'm a bit afraid that they will disapear after the rims get new anodised. Any suggestions??
    Thanks for your help.

Yeti

Yeti...

I can't answer about the wheel refinishing....but love the pictures of your bus and 356....any racing history on the 356...I see number on her.

Regards,

John

Give Harvey Weidman a call, he is all set up to take care of this.
    530-534-7903
    Phil

John,
    thanks for the compliment. Well I have a old picture from the car in full Mille Miglia dress. It seem, that the car was with the race. Since the paint was stripped off when I bought it, I just primered and did a bit of technical stuff. And the result was a unusal rat 356 for one summer

Phil,
    yes the Guru . Just want to know if anyone did that before. I guess I won't ship the wheels for refurbish to the USA - could be a bit expensive. We have a good company here who does the same job but R- wheels are not pretty commun.

Thanks

Yeti

Well I'm pretty sure you lose the ink stamped part #, the solution is to have a stamp made and restamp them.
    Phil

Yeti,The ink number will be destroyed in the anodize process. I've tried many times to save it. I took lots of photos for the correct look and made stamps for the part numbers, mfg numbers, inspecters and sizes for all the stamped wheels. It was a very time consuming job. Good luck
    My question is why are putting on 7Rs with SC style flairs? They were made for a different problem (putting wider tires on a narrow body)
    H

Thanks Harvey fo your information. That's also what I suggested! Maybe I try to do my ow stamp for this or will let the wheels original. They are not too bad and it is a driver as well. I use them on the 914-6 pictured above - so I can run 225 tires without modification. Perfect!

Thanks a lot,
    Yeti