Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cibie/Marshal hood lights - like NOS!!

Cibie/Marshal hood lights - like NOS!!

Hello,
    I have one of the nicest pair of hood lights here. Zero rust, zero corosion well nearly zero signs that they have been used. There are very very small and only a few nicks on the chrome ring and they are on the underside of the ring. It is only on ONE ring. On the picture it looks more worse than it is. Furthermore I did not poish them at all. You do not really see them if you are just looking at the lights only when you know that there is "something". I could proberply install a new one but there is really no need for this. If I would just primered the case you would guess that that are NOS. I should know that since I own a pair of NOS as wel (last picture). The reflectors are great - PERFECT, like the whole lights.
    The "funny" thing is that one reflector is Cibie one is Marschall - maybe one fog and one highbeam ? I do not know but that is how this set was built for sure. I can get a matched set if the buyer prefers (I think it is very cool and original in his case) - but I have to look if I can find one reflector that is as perfect like these ones!
    Reasonable offers please. That is truly a perfect set! You can get more pictures if you want. I try to be as hones as possible - in my opinion they are perfect, you can install them and I bet you will be happy - no matter how critical you are . Just paint them to match with your colour of your car

Thanks Yeti

Perfect is it not? When was the last time you have seen a set so clean with the sticker inside?

No rust inside - just clean it!

Here the NOS in comparision

Hi Yeti

The lights look very very nice indeed ! I am not buying because I have the pairs I need, but just wondered if the mounting ring that is secured with 4 screws to the bucket is yellow cadmium or silver? and the same with the mounting plate with the tree bolts that goes thru the bottom of the bucket?(on the NOS unit)

The reason I ask is that there has been some discusion at this board if these lights where delivered with both silver and yellow cadmium plating on those parts, maybe in different production years or something?

Thanks
    John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

It seems that the server where I have uploaded the picture has some problems. I hope it will be solved soon. Anyone who is interested - I can mail the pics as well...

@John good eye! Well it is definately silver and it does not look if the set is restored! I had a look at my NOS and they are cadmium plated but it is a newer production set for sure. So that could be the reason. I have other sets as well and will have a look at it. Here is a pic of the NOS - hope the server work. Or I will just add this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks a lot Yeti, sorry for invading your tread !

john
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Sticker means they were originally Marchal,so the reflectors must both be Marchal.
    #rennfrog

So,
    I have found a NEW Marshal refector as well as a single light in the same coulor like the others. So maybe I have mixed the lights - sorry for that. So the buyer will get a completley matched set like new. If the buyer prefers Cibie lenses I can do that as well. I have an offer but I have not heard back from the guy. So offers are welcome.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

thank you!

Thank you for the clarification.
    Member:S Registry #864

Yeti...pm and E-mail sent to you...Thanks / Lars...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Got another nice set as well - nearly the same condition. Srry - no pictures untill now (out of town till Wed.) The other lights are pending...

Thanks

Cibie/Marchal

PM Sent
    50/50