Thread: The Last Ride

The Last Ride

Took my lil black bastard out for a spin today to do the traditional fillup to the neck with Sunoco 94 and Stabil, brought it home and put it away in it's heated cave for the winter. It's a strange feeling taking that last ride for the year, yet knowing it's time to pull out the wrenches, paints, cleaners, waxes, brews (oops) brings out some sort of weird euphoria too. Winter's not so bad when you have a heated place to work on your 911. Let the projects begin.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Looking ahead to another accumalating snow this weekend and the fact that county plow trucks aree loading up with salt for this event. I belive that the 911 days are over for the year here as well.
    Snow, heat, beer and cars to be worked on in the garage makes for a cozy winter . Let the fun begin I just got the snowmobiles out of the barn and the carbs cleaned. From one fun sled to another. The season changes are not so bad. Life's good as long as you don't weaken.
    Hey Paul. What part of Qubec do you reside in?
    Regards, Bill
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

I believe Paul is in Ontario. Are you not, Paul? Did you get snowed in by the storm a couple weeks ago. I didn't see any pics but I heard Fort Erie/Buffalo really got belted, "state of emergency" etc. I'm holding out for a little bit of Indian Summer. Praying actually.

Re: Sunoco 94. Lately my mechanic has really been going on about the ill effects of the ever increasing levels of ethanol in our fuels. I here Sunoco is particularly bad ie. corrosive to carbs, fuel lines etc. This topic probably warrants it's own thread.
    A.T.
    Early 911S Registry Member #500

912->911 conversion
    We haven't had any snow here yet, but I think this weekend may be the one to put mine away. Unfortuantely, it must live outside under it's tarp I need a bigger garage. And a sugar momma.
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

Yep mine are also going into storage today. The pressure from the women here has been building for some time to put their cars in the garage.

I use a neighbor's heated storage facility to put mine into for the winter. He also has an auto restoration business so I have access to them but not like here at the house.

So it will be one last thrash for the RS this morning.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Sugar Momma? Man! Why didn't I think of that?
    A.T.

Hello: I used to do all that stuff 14 years ago. Then my wife said lets move somewhere warm. She hates the cold! Since we live in South Texas we run are cars all year long. It does not give me much of a break to work on my own cars. This winter when it gets cooler is the time I'm going to work on my 911's, Boston Whaler,motorcycles and maybe my 356 roadster. I do mis going skiing but don't mis the windshield cleaning and shoveling the driveway. Thanks Eric

Hey Eric

We miss you up here. Looks like the weather may be nice tomorrow here in Toronto. I'm not giving up yet.
    A.T.

Bill, I'm in Ft Erie, Ontario (right beside Buffalo, NY)...and yes, we got devastated in that freak early October snow storm. And tonite we're facing up to 60mph winds which will bring down all the leftover weakened tree branches. Probably power failures to boot.

This winter anyone in the general vacinity (Michigan, Toronto, New York) interested in meeting up somewhere for dinner? Someplace midway to everyone? Would be good to get something happening up here for the S and RGruppies.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Paul We have a great Gruppe here in the midwest. Most are members of the R Gruppe as well as Early S members. We go by the Midwest Esses. It looks like you are a few hours further east of us. We have about four or five gettogethers a year. They just had the last gathering for the year last weekend. But there is talk of some events this winter. Give this web site a try www2.cal-look.com/forum2/index.php. Always looking for new faces.
    Regards, Bill
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress