Thread: 73 911 T Targa R Gruppe for sale

73 911 T Targa R Gruppe for sale

1973 911 T Targa "R GRUPPE STYLE" THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL, AUTHENTIC R GRUPPE CAR. AND, LIKE MANY OF MY FELLOW EARLY 911 S REGISTRY MEMBERS, I AM NOT AN R GRUPPE MEMBER. I HOPE THIS SATISFIES THE R GRUPPE'S LEGAL DEPARTMENT. VIN # 9113110767 Engine # 911/51 6131894. This is a 4 owner car with only 100K miles from new. The car still has about 50% of its original sepia brown paint. The tan interior appears to be all original (I have the original steering wheel). I have EVERY piece of paper for this car since new includig the window sticker, bill of sale, etc. The original owner kept a detailed log of everything that ever happend to this car including gas fill-ups! The subsequent owners continued this practice. It was originally purchased in San Antonio Texas and spent a lot of time there and also in Corpus Christi. It then spent some time in California (service receipts from Vasek Polak). This explains why the car is so solid. The chassis is perfect. There is no rust in the floor pans, rockers, jack pick-up points, front suspension pan, etc. The battery boxes and inside the trunk compartment are super solid as well. You can see that one of the previous owners has installed some plates and bolts to secure a tow-bar attachment. There is some minor rust on the passenger side front fender where the rubber seal for the trunk lid is, but it appears easily repairable. And, there are one or two other very small surface rust spots on the door as well, but again very minor and repairable. Overall, the car is extremely solid and rust-free. You will also notice that there is a dent in the driver's side fender and the weld has popped loose on the driver's side fender flare. The previous owner slid off the road avoiding a truck that pulled out in front of him and hit a road sign.
    The motor is the original 2.4 with Mahle 2.7 RS spec pistons nikasil coated cylinders. It has S cams, and MFI. It was just totally and professionally rebuilt 7K miles ago (I have the receipts). The HP estimate by the shop that perfromed the work is 210. The 915 5 speed was also rebuilt and the clutch was replaced at the same time. A short shift was installed and 17 inch Cup style (7s and 9s) were installed with new rubber also. The car also has front and rear sway bars, Koni shocks, Turbo tie rod ends, All new bushings, Ferodo brake pads, etc. All these items are new within 7K miles or less. As you can see it has steel 930 rear fender flares. I also have an S front bumper and a RSR rear bumper that go with the car. The car runs and drives great! It is a blast to drive. Everything works including the original AM-FM radio. The original interior is in excellent condition. My plan was to have the bodywork finished and the car painted. The only shop that I would consider using is booked up for the next 5 months! This is the only reason I am considering selling the car. I have several other projects and would hate to see this car sitting for that long or longer(by the time they finish the car it would probably be close to a year). The previous owner invested over $20K in this car. It won't hurt my feelings to keep it, but if one of our members wants it and can finish it then great. I am asking $15,500 which given the market I think is very reasonable. You may call me at, 205-276-1918. I am having to re-size some pics, so I will get them posted as soon as possible.
    Early 911S Registry # 1004
    PCA # 1999128320
    Rennlist # 050701-6341

'88 911 Carrera 3.2 M491 Turbo Look Cpe.

See lots of pics on my Ebay listing...Tim
    PCA # 1999128320
    Rennlist # 050701-6341

some pics of the carAttachment 25597

Attachment 25598

Attachment 25599

Attachment 25600

Attachment 25601
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PCA # 1999128320
    Rennlist # 050701-6341

Thumbs down Personally NO SUPPORT for RGruppe name use

If you are a member of RGruppe than let's see your full name so we can check records for an approved and paid application.

I, speaking for myself only, but suspecting that many others in the RGruppe will feel the same way, DO NOT support the use of the RGruppe name to be hijacked or used in ANY commerical way. Please retrack the EarlyS description of your car...whoever you are.

Ed Barnett #124
    Ed Barnett
    RGruppe #124
    Northern California Racing Club
    American Racing Club
    Member, Northwest Hillclimb Association

Amen and Thank You, Sir.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

WOW! I didn't realize that you R Gruppe guys were so sensitve. I simply meant to imply that this car was an R Gruppe style hot rod project, which by the way has been made mention of in several ads as I recall. I would think that your membership would take that as sort of a compliment since your group's style of modifying early 911s seems to have really taken off with many 911 enthusiasts. I have been a member of many Porsche orginizations since 1990 including, PCA, Rennlist, and this registry to name a few. Also, I didn't mean to imply that I was a member of the R Gruppe. You will notice that in my signature line it reads, R Gruppe # not yet. Everything that I've read and heard about the R Gruppe led me to believe that I would've really liked to have become a member of that club as well. However, after the PM I received from Ed #124 (speaking for his group no less) I obviously misjudged your group. By the way, in reference to the whoever you are comment. My phone number appears in all my for sale listings, so it would be very easy to find out who I am or even contact me if you like...Tim
    PCA # 1999128320
    Rennlist # 050701-6341

I cringed when I read the description in this ad because I knew what would come. If you haven't read the thread discussing this ad, you should. I wish to impart no opinion of my own, so all I will say is this: All of this could have been avoided if this car had been described as RGruppe "style" project.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

R or E Gruppe?

WOW is right, this guy is not claiming to be a memeber of your club, As a matter fact he pointed this out in his signature. I really would like to hear the fellings of more people from the "R" crowd. I don't think he was trying to use the "R" banner as an aide in selling the car, as he pointed out he was trying to state that this was a good plataform for such a project. Maybe the "R" should be changed for an "E" as in elitist.

"R Gruppe" style would have avoided all this. That said, I'm a member but I've got too much other more important things to do than police this subject. Three children, ages seven, three (future Double World Champion) and 18 months see to that.

Have fun.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

Please see my post in the R Gruppe hijack thread...Tim
    PCA # 1999128320
    Rennlist # 050701-6341