Thread: Is Kardex service still available?

Is Kardex service still available?

Dear Forum Members,

I am trying to get the factory records for the 1973 911 I am working on. Two months ago I sent in a request to GA (found address through early 911s archive search) and have not had any type of reply. Does anyone know if this service is still available from Porsche and what is the correct address to send requests.

John Couch

John,
    That service is provided throught the Porsche Club of America. Go to there website and you can download form. If you aren't a PCA memeber PM me I would be happy to order a COA (Certificate of Authenticity) for. It costs about $115 and takes 3 weeks.
    Phil

Coa

Actually, it is handled through PCNA (Porsche Cars North America). The form provided on the PCA website actually belongs to PCNA. You end up faxing it to them at their headquarters in New Jersey.

For Certificates of Authenticity, call 1-800-PORSCHE and select option 5. If you're lucky, you will get Kristin Bissonette directly, but most likely one of her assistants.

You can request the COA on the phone and pay by credit card. Hope this helps.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

J-P is correct you don't need to be a PCA member but I think it saves you $10. The new set-up is an enormous improvement over the old, where requests went into a black hole.
    Phil

It took over 3 months for me to get the COA for my 356, and many of the lines were [unknown]. I don't know if the records are better for the 911s, but the 356 COAs are kinda crap from what I have read and seen myself. Nothing like paying and waiting for the COA, only to have a lack of information hit your door.
    Cole

1962 Porsche 356 T-6B Coupe
    1988 Porsche 911 3.2 M491 Cab
    1991 BMW M5 S38B36 4-Dr

OK, Old thread I know... but is anyone aware of a way to get a copy of the actual Kardex (not a CoA?) I'm interested in seeing what other info is on the file beyond what my CoA has.

-Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

The Kardex is not available due to German privacy laws, which prohibit the release of personal information. The Kardex includes the name of the original buyer, and was used for warranty claims.

The COA is produced from the Kardex, but omits the buyers personal info. There are copies of the Kardex for some cars because the information was released prior the change in law.
    Rob Abbott

I have read elsewhere that PCNA maintains images of the original Kardex that omit the original owners name and thereby remain legal.
    While the CoA is great in concept they obviously misinterpret the data regularly. My '73 was delivered with 17" Cup wheels per the CoA. (This has been corrected by PCNA subsequently)
    I'd love to see where the car was originally sold, and all of the associated factory coded data.

K
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

As I recall, if you have your data with you at the Porsche Parade (title, registration or whatnot), they will show you your Kardex online...

E