Thread: Replacement Cibie Lamps

Replacement Cibie Lamps

As you would imagine, replacement lamps are getting very hard to find as they were never very numerous. Throw in 30 plus years and lots of wear and tear, and restoring a set can become a challenge, particularly the lights themselves. Sometime back, I began looking for an alternative to the vintage lamps hoping that at the same time, I could:
    1) improve the light output and
    2) be able to reinstall the vintage lamps for display purposes quickly and easily.

I have located a limited quantity of these lights. These are Cibie brand and I have them available in two versions, cornering and long distance. A side benefit to purchasing a set of these lamps is that even though you use the original mounting ring, the mounting rings that come with the lights have the same plastic clips for the screw bayonet adjusting pins – some built-in spares for the originals. They are available from at least one other source in the US but for more.

Below is a picture of one mounted in a housing.

Here’s what you get. One pair of either the cornering or the long range version includes:

• two new lamp housings,
    • two mounting rings,
    • two H1 55W bulbs and
    • two H1 bulb holders.

$249 per pair plus shipping, please specify cornering or long-range version. Please understand that the housings and the rest of the lights as shown are not included. This is for the reflector/lens assembly.

Email me at FDBGT@comcast.net if you are interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Threads

1. FS: Cibie boules (hood lamps)
    By mimimemegna in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 09:52 PM
  2. FS: Cibie Pallas Hood Lamps
    By 72targa in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 03:17 PM
  3. Cibie Biode lamps - Ebay
    By Cornpanzer in forum For Sale: 911 Parts