Thread: Where to overnight off I95 near Fayetteville, NC?

Where to overnight off I95 near Fayetteville, NC?

I am planning my trip back from Atlanta driving a new to me T. Looks like Fayetteville would be a good stopping point. Is there a decent hotel right off I95 where i won't have to worry all night about my new car being stolen?

I may be able to make it as far north Wilson (looks like about 1 above F.) if that is a better choice.

Thanks!

Erik
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Go a little further and get off at Rocky Mount NC. There is a Hampton Inn just off I-95, go east a mile or so. We spend the summer in New Hampshire and typically spend one night here on our way up. It is in a good area and if you are extra nice they may even let you keep the car under the canopy by the front door. Breakfest is provided and there is an Outback within walking distance. Enjoy the drive.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

As an ex-Fayetteville resident I'd second the notion of passing through.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Fayettenam

They don't call it Fayette-nam for nothing!!
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Rocky Mount it is then!

Thanks for the help!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

One more thing. There is a used Porsche parts vender in Rocky Mount, DC Automotive (dcauto.com). I've used them in the past for some parts for my 911SC. Pretty helpful, it might be worth it to stop by and see what they have. I've meant to do this when I've been in that area, but it has never worked out.
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

O M F G
    Erik

Early S # 1107

I think you should stay in Fayetteville. Pull up to the gate at Ft. Bragg, get out of your car and yell out:

"I'm a Marine and I'm here to fight anybody that wears a parachute!"

accomodations will be "on the house"

Quote Originally Posted by 37yrold911
    I think you should stay in Fayetteville. Pull up to the gate at Ft. Bragg, get out of your car and yell out:

"I'm a Marine and I'm here to fight anybody that wears a parachute!"

accomodations will be "on the house"
    The only way I'd consider that is if I had a call out to Camp Lejeune for backup.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389