Thread: Fuch valve stems

Fuch valve stems

Can anyone help me with where to pick up the correct valve stems? Porsche dealer told me they don't carry because no one ever wants them. Tire dealer in my town can't find any to fit. Any hlep?
    rich-911

do you need the valve stems or the stem holders?

I have a stock pile of the stems, if you'd like 4 or 5 just pm me with your shipping address.

-Lewis
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

I called Harvey Weidman and he gave me the part # that works, but there are two different styles with that part #....one that fits and one that doesnt.
    After much searching, the correct ones were found in the NAPA packaging.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Is it the T413?

How about posting the correct Napa part number so I can grab a few for spares.

Thanks
    Scooter

I found mine on ebay, bought a big bag of them, search for tr415.

sometimes napa will have them, some large tire suppliers carry them, mostly for farm equipment and such

-Lewis
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Yep thats it, sorry I couldnt remember the # last night. Please note - not all TR415's will work. I searched every tire store in town and they all had TR415....but only the ones in the Napa pre-pack would work.

The difference is in the profile of the base. The 6" Fuch has such a thick rim, the valve stem cannot engage all the way through the hole and latch on the opposite side. The Napa TR415 is very square in profile which gives plenty of meat to securely capture the inside diameter of the hole. The other TR415's I found were tapered from top to bottom and would pop right back out of the hole. I wish I could draw on here, but picture the normal TR being a teepee and the one you need is a teepee with a fairly large cylindrical base.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Napa Tr415

Can you explain the NAPA TR415 number. I called NAPA parts store and they don't have that number. I recieved valve stems from Porsche Dealer today......they were the wrong ones.

I need valve stems and I need them now. Can anyone help? Please!
    Thanks
    Rich
    rich-911