Thread: More on cv joints GKN vs Lobro???

So many questions, so few answers....

More on cv joints GKN vs Lobro???

OK, I did more searching and found a source for both the GKN and Lobro CV products. Both appear to only be available as complete units with shafts, joints, boots, etc. I would prefer to just replace the joints and boots.
    GKN pieces were priced at $277.24 each and the Lobor pieces were prices at $476.50 each.

I'd appreciate it if any of you would share your experiences with these two products or cv replacement in general. Anything I should pay particular attention to when putting things back together?

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1967 911S Coupe
    1991 944S2 Coupe

Past projects:
    1967 912 Coupe
    1969 911T Coupe
    1985.5 944 SR Coupe

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    When bolting the assemblies to the hubs, use NEW bolts and Schnorr serrated washers. Make sure the bolt threads are completely free of grit and grease, and torque properly. Check the torque settings after 500 miles to make sure they aren't backing out. Do a search on Pelican... lots of info there.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

CV Lobro Joint

I have a new in the box Lobro CV joint that I bought for a spare, whenever my 67S might need it.

I hope I am holding on to the right part. Especially at those prices. Are you stating the complete with shaft price?

It is 901 332 032 00

It is available for a lot cheaper then what you listed if I bought wrong.

Scooter

That's for the complete axle

cvs, shafts, boots....

I have now been told that GKN and Lobro have merged in some sort of buy out. I'm not sure who was the buyer or who was the buyee.

Where did you locate just the cv? When did you purchase? Dare I ask how much?

One guys at a local shop said that the price I had for the GKN was $10 below what he could get them for. Old stock maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1967 911S Coupe
    1991 944S2 Coupe

Past projects:
    1967 912 Coupe
    1969 911T Coupe
    1985.5 944 SR Coupe

lobro

It was bought a few years ago when I started to collect whatever I saw that I might need for my 67S. I know it was pricey at the time but I guess they have gone up some since then. I remember being told some expensive list price but got a pretty good discount.

I don't want to say the wrong prices so none given.

Cheers
    Scooter

Thanks folks.

I appreciate the help!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1967 911S Coupe
    1991 944S2 Coupe

Past projects:
    1967 912 Coupe
    1969 911T Coupe
    1985.5 944 SR Coupe

I used to sell CV Joint grease to GKN...they test heavily and have high standards in my experience...

http://www.gkndriveline.com/gkn-driv...utions/cvj.jsp
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100