Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Final thread on transition from 65-66 model yr!

My paint code is 6401 Slate Grey with red interior.

Just to throw some more information into the melting pot, some of the cars ordered in England were for US servicemen based here, so were ordered as LHD and registered on export plates. In fact the car in question that shows the manufacture date as September was a LHD car chassis number 302413, ordered by a guy called Sigurdson, with a note to say it was collected from the factory. I wonder how much millitary airfreight was Porsche!

Has anyone found a definate shutdown date?

That photo of the shifter is my car! It's featured in Peter Morgans 'Original 911' book.

To answer the question, yes it does have a dimple in the centre.

Off topic

304678, looks like the leather/Crest shift knob is a period MG Mitten item. The factory Drivers Manual shows the 356 style mushroom knob, don't know the dimple size in the top. Anyone have good info? John? Eric? Robert? With the clear top with shift patern coming about 1966. This seem strange cuz in 1965 there were both 4 and 5 speed trans. Someone said (I've never seen) there was a decal with the shift patern on the windshield -lower left corner. Anyone have one of these..whoo boy.. another holy grail item. Ha.

John, two items on 300 149. It's production was Dec 1, 1964 and MY is a 65. Thanks for the excel...keep it coming.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Thanks Bob. I have made the revisions and added another car from a Pelican I know.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

More info

See newer post

Edit

See page 26, posts # 253, 254 and 255
    Last edited by Bobs 67S; 12-19-2016 at 07:17 AM.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

I've noticed a question mark next to my 1965/. It is a 65 MY car as it has early badging, 4 screw horn grilles, wood dash, solex's, fixed front strut tops etc. Engine number is 201967.

Does anyone know any info about RHD pre66 MY cars that went to Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by LGK6D
    Now you've got me really thinking. What seems strange is that the information I have shows production dates for August and one car for September. There are no production dates in October and the next production date is November with delivery scheduled for November 30th and January 3rd 1966.

I'm showing one car manufactured in August which was delivered to the UK on October 17th.

If someone can confirm the production shutdown date I might have a later chassis number!
    Hi
    Are you saying here that you have knowledge of the production dates and delivery of all rhd cars to the UK at the end of 1965?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Quote Originally Posted by 210bhp
    Hi
    Are you saying here that you have knowledge of the production dates and delivery of all rhd cars to the UK at the end of 1965?

Regards
    Mike
    Yep, from the first car until the end of 65/ Jan 66. I'm going to trying to get all SWB cars.

I see you're in Scotland. Do you have an early RHD car?

Quote Originally Posted by LGK6D
    Yep, from the first car until the end of 65/ Jan 66. I'm going to trying to get all SWB cars.

I see you're in Scotland. Do you have an early RHD car?
    Hi
    Yes, I have a 67S number 305457S engine 960138 colour polo red. I would love to know the actual production date. I have the details from AFN but not the factory. AFN simply states date of manufacture August 66 so you can see why I was asking the question above about the factory August shutdown. Is it possible to get the actual day of production from somewhere?
    My car just squeezes onto the bottom of Bob's list above.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Sorry Mike, I can't help you yet. My last car was delivered Jan 3rd 66. It's going to take me some time to get the rest of the information I want which should/will include your car.