Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ACRA Track Day

ACRA Track Day

For all of you Jones-ing for one last track day prior to Christmas, you're in luck. ACRA is hosting a day at Big Willow December 13th. That's a Wed. A great day to play hookey. see www.americancarracing.com They put on a great day which includes lunch and a cool T shirt. Cost is only $145 for the day. Check them out. A group of us did this last year and called it "a day at the office" It's a blast, it's close, and it's cheap. Look forward to seeing you all there.

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tallon
    .........A group of us did this last year and called it "a day at the office" It's a blast, it's close, and it's cheap. Look forward to seeing you all there.
    Yeah good times for sure.... I have a thread over on the PP BBS in the AX/Track section too...

I've been pushing it as "The office xmas party at the track"

I'll be there.....hope to see some familiar faces... If I remember correctly we had upwards of 15+ early 911's out dominating the otherwise mixed bag of cars out for the day....kinda funny... I clearly remember snickering to myself after the first couple sessions.
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

JR

Last year was a blast.

I was out there yesterday at the Big track and ran 200 miles in 5 sessions. Excellent day. My best time is now 1:42 and change. Can't wait to see 1:39. It'll take a lot of work though. The pucker factor through 8 and 9 is still holding me back. Also the braking point at 1 and the trtansition into 2 is holding me back. It's all in my lizard brain and changing that takes a lot of seat time. Dec 13th......more seat time.....Excellent. See you there.

CT

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

The Homemade 911...

will be there...along with another VARA car. Mark Minkoff's gorgeous 911R (R for replica...) #111 sporting a fresh 2.5 twin-plug motor.

I'm there for the laps!!! Mark will be coaching me, when he's not breaking in his new engine.

see yawl trackside...make it a point to stop by and introduce yourselves. I suspect we'll be parked somewhere close to the garages (lower paddock)

Cheers
    Thom Kuby

Short morning...but fun nonetheless..

You couldn't have asked for better weather at Willow...
    The ACRA track day was a lotta fun...I enjoyed putting faces to some of the names around here.

Unfortunately my day was cut short by a bad shift on the back straight...so, it's valve job time (lets hope that's ALL it is... ) The engine was ready anyway for some basic re-fresh activity. The good news is that I got around Willow much faster than I ever had before. Driving only 7/10ths to show me a better line; Mark (my coach) got the car down to sub 1:44 with me riding shotgun (now THERE'S an experience). I got back in behind the wheel, and was well on my way to some similar lap times utilizing lessons just learned, when I managed to ham-hand a 7200+ rpm shift. @#%@*! ...argh, Once is all it takes.

It was noted also that my trans might be a hair short for willow: I'm running a,ga,k,q,v gears... Since I have several trannies to play around with, any ideas on an "optimum" Willow Spgs box?

Again, it was fun out there: bent valves and all...

next time...
    cheers
    Thom Kuby

Great meeting you yesterday Thom. Sorry about the trouble bud. Sounds like you were getting the hang of it though. Mark has also helped me in the past, as he knows how to drive that track, and understand our cars well. His 911 is one of the nicest and well prepared cars I've seen.

We had a blast yesterday. Chuck, my buddy Claudio and I pitted together for a fast day in ideal conditions. As usual the early sessions proved slow as there was much traffic to negotiate, and a few off track excursions that forced the black flag out for some on track cleanup. The afternoon sessions lightened up a bit and the times started to come down. One of my favorite moments was when Anthony in his 67 Trans Am Alfa GTA lead Chuck and I around the track in a tight formation. It was a sight to see the early Alfa and a pair of early 911's flying around. Way too much fun. I ended the day (last lap of the day) with my all time personal best of 1:39.12. I'm still dazed. Marco G, Will S and his Dad Paul were also out with the red race car having fun. Also met a bunch of great guys from the Pelican side. Yehaaaaaaa.

A great day was had by all. Hopefully there will be some pics posted here later.

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Thumbs up GREAT day at the BIG track

Great weather, great cars, GREAT friends, and personal former best times getting blown away...

We were all sorry that Thom and Mark left early with machanical blues...great guys with cars that are both beautiful and fast...
    Man, I've been there Thom...

I bettered my best time by over a second ...

But the REAL champ of the day was our buddy Chris Tallon...

I'll let Chris (aka the fast guy) tell'ya himself...

More with pics to come...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

7:15 am ..... cold, but not as cold as we thought... would warm up to about 70 with NO wind... A PERFECT DAY AT WILLOW
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Mark M.'s new killer 2.5 motor in his R-clone ... Man, did it sound GREAT !!!!

Unfortunately a faulty clutch sent him home early...
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thom Kuby's beautiful 'Homemade 911' ... with potant 2 Liter ... before he zinged the valves ...
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter