Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4,5 J x15 Prototype?

4,5 J x15 Prototype?

I am curious to hear if anyone can help me.
    I own 4 Fuchs 4,5 x 15 and there is no indification inside ,I saw other threads with the same question so this is not new but what is new is that these wheels are never reworked after manufactering ,spokes are rough grinded and the wheel ring at the outside is rough with smal rework from the edge.
    In my opinion this is a very rare set wheels never polished by porsche and no sighn of black paint around wheelnuts. The only identification is at the back in the center a "1 " nearby the wheelcap hole. Could this be a set of prototype rims maybe even from a prototype Porsche ? I have pictures from these rims available.
    Who can help?
    Thanks for your time.

Are you sure they are not repro/aftermarket replicas?

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Hi there,
    as far as I know there is no reproduction of the 4,5 x15 Fuchs. Sometimes early rims were not stamped with a part # but got a # inked inside - the same like the R-wheels. I own a 4,5 as well and there is also no part #. And the ink number disapear in the years. But wash them carefully and I bet you will see some numbers or shadows of numbers. I was always lucky...

Yeti

yes I am sure even the old tires are still on the rims and in '67 there were no replica s I assume

I do not have a pic right now from the 4,5 but it looks like this - instead of part #

So wash them carefully - a cleanig spray for the oven in the kittchen works well for all the brake dust...

Yeti

Code:
    as far as I know there is no reproduction of the 4,5 x15 Fuchs
    There is something alike.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails....C%2DC10%2D6648

I do not know how close they are in person.

RIchard

Oh, you are right, I did not know that, also 4.5 avaiable. And it is said - they come from Europe . Shame on me Maybe from England???
    But you can see that this is a repro 100 miles away... And the inside of the rims is totally different. The real deal:

Exclamation

Just to be clear...

I hope Yeti meant some kind of cleaner that he uses in the kitchen and sometimes on ovens......... NOT 'Oven Cleaner' ….

Oven cleaner is a caustic mild acid that will go right through anodizing ... In fact if you like A.N. fittings but you don't like the red or blue surface anodizing... just use oven cleaner and a fine Scotch-Brite pad and take it right off...

Hope this helps,
    Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Oh yes, you are right,
    sorry for my english (I'm from Germany ) and the kitchen matter is normally to my girlfriend as well
    Use a brush too and clean the inside of the rim, maybe you will see there some numbers. If not, it is original eitherway.
    Thanks

Hi,

Replica 4.5s have been made for the last couple of years. I have had several sets of 4.5s a few of which had no stamped numbers, but these came from very early 67 cars, and thus I came to the conclusion that very early fuchs did not have stamped numbers. I have never seen an ink stamp on a 4.5 fuch and would like a pic for file is anyone has one, but I suspect early ones never had any part number markings.

Alan