Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GT3 gets taken by a, uh...it can't be!

GT3 gets taken by a, uh...it can't be!

I can't believe this:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JB6JzzY4Yw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JB6JzzY4Yw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Hello: Now I know what to do with my 1991 VW van! Install that twin turbo engine and go. Thanks Eric

Give the GT 3 another few seconds of air time and he'd have re passed and said bye bye. The Aston really slowed the Porsche down. Cool video though...I love You Tube. A whole new world is opening up to us.

Thanks for sharing K.

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Say what you will, it takes a lot of balls to fly through Eau Rouge in a bus!
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

No doubt, and hats off to the driver of that bus. Awesome to see it appear in the screen....like what the f*#k is that?. I was only commenting that the video was cut short of the GT3 re-passing. It was obviously only a matter of time.

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Doesn't that bus have full 993 multi-link suspension and like 500+hp?
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

its a bus. maybe he can take pride in the fact that he can haul more luggage, but I dont think so. I was at a DE years ago at road atlanta, we all thought we were hot shoes, shifter carts, track prepped 911s, we all had lots of experience, so we thought. some guy came out in a mustang 5.0 rental, with 3 passengers, smoked everybody. It was awesome bill from dawsonville. lets give the bus driver some credit. here is a bargain GT3 that perhaps the driver ran out of talent. http://www.verastar.com/WebSite/Deta...recid=17000892

The flying brick strikes again!

I was at a DE with the Audi club 10 years ago and was running with the lower powered cars when a guy showed with a 68 bug. The bug had a relatively stock 1700 cc, and was lowered, and was running street rubber. Needless to say, the very experienced driver in the bug ran circles around the rest of the field. What he didn't have in the straights, he carried in more than enough momentum through the corners by following a great line.

I learned alot that day about power versus skill.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Here are the bus specs from the guy who posted the link.

Typ: VW T1 (Split Window) 1962
    Motor: Air cooled Porsche (993 Bi -Turbo)
    Engine disp.: 3.600 ccm
    Power: Original 408 PS später ca. 500 PS
    Gearbox: Manuel 6 speed Typ 996 GT3.
    Brakes: Vented all around, Original Porsche 993 Bi -Turbo with ABS.
    Chassie Individual suspension from 993 Bi- Turbo and adjustable wishbones..
    Stering and Servo from Porsche ( 993 Bi -Turbo ).
    Wheels: 3 Pcs. BBS Rennsportwheels (8.5" x 18" front and 10" x 18" rear)

Weigth Ca. 1600 Kg.

I go pretty much the same info

After watching it a couple of times I opened another screen and started doing the Alta Vista translate German to English and when it came up with the bus having all the 993 stuff I said yeah that's why.

That is one hell of a tricked out Splitty, Samba, Bulli, Bus or whatever you want to call it!

Porsche powered,
    Scooter