Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GRP Rear bumper with sort bumperette's

GRP Rear bumper with sort bumperette's

Anyone know where I can pick up one of these from? (see pic)
    I've seen for SWB cars but not to fit mine which is
    standard narrow bodied LWB '72

Thanks all

That car was built by Russell Edmonds & the car has RS rear flares - are you looking for a one-piece grp rear bumper to fit a narrow-bodied lwb car or an RS (or SC) flared car ?

- sorry just re-read your post & see your car is narrow-bodied.

Here's a picture of my 911R-inspired '72 with a grp rear bumper:

The bumper came from Autofarm but I think they get them from Rutherford Engineering.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Hello: What I have had to do for the long wheel base cars and wanted the short bumperettes is cut the ends off of the 911R bumper. I install the bumper on the car then mark where to cut the end caps off. I then fiberglass on new end caps. I will be doing another one in a couple of weeks. Hope this helps and if anyone knows of someone making 911R style bumpers for narrow long wheelbase cars please let us all know. Thanks Eric

Short bumperettes

Andy - thanks for the pic.
    As Eric says, if anyone knows of R style bumper for LWB narrow bodied car please let us know.
    Where did Russell Edmonds sorce the bumper for the yellow car on the pic I posted - I suppose it could be 'made to fit' a narrow bodied??

I was just looking at GT Racing's catalog last night. I noticed that they stated that thier 911 RS rear bumper(part number 001) "can be used on a stock bodied car, call for instructions". I was happy because I have a RS rear bumper hung on the wall in the shop, needless I did not shop much further thru the catalog. Iwas going to call for the instructions the first of next week. Hope this helps a bit.
    Bill
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

We are getting a short rear bumperette bumper to check for install on a 69-73 the tuesday after thanksgiving. Will let you know how it works out

Thanks
    dave
    tre motorsports
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Thanks Dave,
    Look forward to getting your news

Rennspeed makes the narrow body bumper you're looking for. I might very well get one for my 71 as well as a no ductail engine lid. As Jack Olsen advised me, however, you'll need to probably install your own bracketry for mounting. Working with 'glass isn't hard at all. With almost no skills whatsoever you can mix up the resin and work with the cloth. One important note: use latex gloves to handle that stuff (I don't know why the heck I have to learn this stuff the hard way).
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

I'm looking for one too for my non flared 73. These don't come with attachment brackets??
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

well, we can get the attachment brackets- they are replicas of the oe steel sections made in fiberglass. They come separate and need to be bonded to the back side of the bumper for installation. The sides can be either drilled thru the edge of the quarter , bumper to body seal, and bumper OR for a more oe install bond in some aluminum tabs so they correspond to the oe support tubes in each flare opening. We received ours today and will be test fitting it to a 69-73 tub before thanksgiving to check on what needs to be done for installation
    Other thank that, the piece is well molded and not warped like some of the overused RS bumper molds
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR