Non matching numbers and finished $175 - $200k

Non matching numbers and unfinished $125 - $150k

Just my personal view

It's not often they come up for sale

Philip
    --
    1973 911 Carrera RS #496
    Early 911S Registry #1808

A friend with a beautiful, but not numbers-matching Carrera just turned down an offer for $250k.

Quote Originally Posted by mjk911
    A friend with a beautiful, but not numbers-matching Carrera just turned down an offer for $250k.
    That makes me very, very happy

Philip
    --
    1973 911 Carrera RS #496

I believe the reference is to a 356 Carrera, not a '73 RS. A GS/GT is far more valuable and rare car. A touring RS is worth nowhere near a GS/GT Carrera.

This particular car needs a lot of work. "Got a bid of 10k a couple of years ago to rebuild this engine, but check with your 4-cam builder."
    Ha,ha! Billy Doyle is more like $50,000 and up. Billy Doyle is not cheap and I'm guessing he's got all the work he needs right now. Pig in a poke.

The rest of the car is anyone's guess as it's a hodge podge of parts.

This is a money pit.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by sithot
    I believe the reference is to a 356 Carrera, not a '73 RS.
    Um, yes - that's what is shown - second year of production.

A GS/GT is far more valuable and rare car. A touring RS is worth nowhere near a GS/GT Carrera.
    Not in the UK. Correct Touring RS's are worth (to some) just over the £100k - which is around the $200k point. But I'm not sure what your point is? I was giving an indication for a 356A Carrera.

This particular car needs a lot of work. "Got a bid of 10k a couple of years ago to rebuild this engine, but check with your 4-cam builder."
    Ha,ha! Billy Doyle is more like $50,000 and up. Billy Doyle is not cheap and I'm guessing he's got all the work he needs right now. Pig in a poke.
    Yes this is true - I have now finished paying for the rebuild on my four-cam - cost was £40,000 with UK taxes.

The rest of the car is anyone's guess as it's a hodge podge of parts.
    This is a money pit.
    Well - in Switzerland one sold at the beginning of the year for over $200,000 - non matching numbers

Mine is #55735 a 1956 (first year of series production) 356A Carrera and retains its original engine, gearbox etc. Only five RHD A Carrera 1500's were supplied in Europe (possibly another one or two for ROW). Only four are known to have survived; only two with matching numbers I believe.

The shell is undergoing major surgery at the moment - the car has competition history and left scars fourty years ago

Hopefully to be ready for next summer - the engine has cost £40,000, gearbox £5,000, brakes and suspension £5,000 - they're expensive things to work on

The car on eBay may be non-matching numbers, but if it has a 547/1 the engine is worth £80k on its own - with a series Carrera shell probably £115k.

Philip
    --
    1973 911 Carrera RS #496