Thread: WTB: 356SC Sunroof Coupe

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar

WTB: 356SC Sunroof Coupe

I may be searching for a needle in a haystack but am seriously interested in finding a spectacular '64-'65 SC (original factory cut) sunroof coupe. If you have such a car or know someone who may have an interest in selling one, I'm your man.

Thanks.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

356 Search

Hi Ed,

I sent you a PM.
    Steven Shanofski

1973.5 911T Sunroof Coupe - 414 Olive
    1970 911T Targa - Paint to Sample

1955 Cessna C-170B (Gone but not forgotten.)

car search

Hi Ed- I sent you a PM, Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Quote Originally Posted by 2POINT7
    I may be searching for a needle in a haystack but am seriously interested in finding a spectacular '64-'65 SC (original factory cut) sunroof coupe. If you have such a car or know someone who may have an interest in selling one, I'm your man.

Thanks.
    Dave Olimpi had one BUT the roof wasn't original to the car.

http://www.daveolimpiautomobiles.com...ack/index.html

Don't recall if he (Olimpi) mentioned that in the ad. I know the previous owners. The roof was added by the last owner who Olimpi bought it from. (He never hid the fact that the roof was not original)
    The car is an Italian import and was as rusty as an old barn nail when it got here years ago. Pretty nice now, eh?

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I talked with Dave extensively about that car. He had already sold it (evening before I originally called him on it) but eventually said the new owner might part with it. Once I learned about the roof (he was very up front about that - from what I know of Dave he is a very straight shooter) and that the paint job was pretty peppered on the front end, I decided to pass, knowing what I would have to pay for it since he had, in effect, already sold it to someone else.

It is pretty much what I am looking for, however and had I been quick enough I might have bought it. Good eye, Tom.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

There is one partially, impeccibly restored on samba.com. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=393286
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Quote Originally Posted by 2POINT7
    It is pretty much what I am looking for, however and had I been quick enough I might have bought it. Good eye, Tom.
    Dave got that one CHEAP.
    I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you. I'm guessing you want a "real" car and not something that might end up as a money pit.
    Numbers to match, etc.???

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tom:

Yes, yes, yes. Numbers matching, ownership history, service/restoration documentation, correctness, tools, etc.....all mean a lot to me but if such a car is spectacular, I'll look at it regardless.

Thanks very much in advance for any leads you (or others) might come up with.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

356SC search

Ed
    A good friend and collector has just about completed a very complete ground up restoration on a 65SC numbers matching sunroof coupe. He restores all his cars (about 8 356's, plus others) to near concours standards. The SC coupe I speak of has not yet been painted but all the metal work and subassemblies are done. Perfect time to investigate if you are interested, I think the original color was ivory but I'm not 100% sure on that. Located in San Diego, CA. It's worth a call. Call my cell at 619-985-6162 or pm me.

Nick
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST