Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recaro sportsseats 985 Euro....25min to go

Recaro sportsseats 985 Euro....25min to go

http://cgi.ebay.de/Original-Recaro-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Are these from a BMW (but the same style as the Porsche sportsseats)

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

bidding has ended

Translation is:
    " Original Recaro sport of seats from 911 Porsche
    Sport of seats from the 60ziger, 70ziger years 911/912" actually looked like 72-73 seats that went for 1400US--- great deal!
    Member:S Registry #864

The correct application of those seats given the adjusters, and the headrests would be 1968 for Porsche.

However, Recaro, offered that seat for many years in the aftermarket, and given the badge in the seat back, that's probably what those are. You would need either an early (not 69-73) factory tip bracket to put those in a 911, or the flat adapter which is relatively easy to find, but you wouldn't be able to tip the seats forward.

e

Hi Soterik

How can you distinguish these adjusters and headrests to the later type(1969-73) and the earlier type(? - 67)?

Thanks
    John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

How can you distinguish these adjusters and headrests to the later type(1969-73) and the earlier type(? - 67)?
    .. because pre 68 no headrest and after 68 no adjuster through the seat? Also pre 68 seats are less narrow?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 304678
    .. because pre 68 no headrest and after 68 no adjuster through the seat? Also pre 68 seats are less narrow?

Richard
    yes, Richard is correct,
    no headrests for pre-68, and the seat sliders are integrated into the bottom bracket for 1969 to 1973, also Richard means that the pre-68 seats are a little narrower at the top, and have less foam in the bolsters.

Richard, you know Tony can make a 67 seat on the 68 seat frame. That may open up your options a little bit.

Eric

Or...buy my 1967 "take outs" and do NO restoration.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

you know Tony can make a 67 seat on the 68 seat frame.
    Eric, thanks for the tip.

Tom what do you mean w/
    Or...buy my 1967 "take outs"
    ? You have early sportseats that you can part with?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 304678
    Tom what do you mean w/ ? You have early sportseats that you can part with?
    Richard
    Richard:

Everything in the world is for sale.

These are "take out" 1967 911 Sport Seats out of the '67 Jennings 911-S that was converted into a race car (a long time ago) and believe it or not still racing (historics). I have pictures of the car courtesy of Rennman (Don) at Watkins Glen.
    The downside is that these were sort of expensive to obtain although not unreasonable considering the general sport seat market.
    The upside is that you can put them in a car right away and avoid the restoration charges "mi amigo", Señor Tony gets for these.

Here is "Shorty" with the original seats recently completed in hounds tooth by Tony Garcia of Autobahn Interiors. They may not have the best side support but they are very comfortable and when the 4.5 Fuchs with 165 XAS tires are installed side bolster support won't be an issue.

Best regards,

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

67 sport seats

I have seen Tom's early Sport seats during a brief visit last summer and if you are an ARP like me these seats will blow your mind! I can't believe they would leave his possesion. I'm tempted to buy them and then find a car to put them in! And I should add I am a huge fan of Tony G's too and appreciate his magic.

Daron