Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valuation of 1973 S shell with matching # engine

Valuation of 1973 S shell with matching # engine

Anybody have any opinions on the value of a 73 S shell with the matching number motor that it is pieces. Chassis is straight and rust free but it is totally gutted.
    Thanks,
    Phil

And so you have how much disposable income?

Seriously, is it worth $5K? $10K? $20K? More? You may have the classic hot rod sitting there that will have an ad that reads "$50K invested on full restoration; for sale for $35K". All those missing parts will be awfully expensive (but we'd all love to see another Early S saved!).
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Well I already own car just trying to decide what to do with it. I'm pretty handy when it comes to disposing of disposable income .
    Phil

How Much Are You Asking To Sell The Car?

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SELLING EMAIL ME EXECMALIBU@EARTHINK.NET

THANKS

JEFF

Jeff,
    I am trying to establish a valaution first, which I know is a dicey propostion at best.
    Phil

Phil,
    You have the two most important things for making a valuable car: a rust free shell, and the matching S motor. Everything else is just a matter of cost and working the Porsche boards and EBay.
    I would think that if the car is a nice original color, and is a straightforward resto, what you have should be worth $14-20k. I am guessing that with the initial $15-20k someone paid, the final cost would be around $50-60k when the dust settled - or less if you work smart and do a lot of the prep work yourself. If it's a coupe, you should have no problems getting that back when it's over if you intend to sell.
    If it's a targa, I am guessing that it could be a little tougher to get your money back. At least you know what you have when it's done.

P.S. Go with 2.2S P&C's. No one has to kinow except you, unless people start to suspect that **** eating grin on your face when you come back from a long drive

My game..saving Porsches FHernand's Avatar
    Phil, if you decide to sell, I'm interested. Sounds to me like a great candidate for an RS clone or, simply full restoration. Thanks
    VINTAGE SPORTSCAR RESTORATIONS INC.
    www.vsrestorations.com
    Phoenix OREGON
    Freddie Hernandez
    freddie@vsrestorations.com
    (541) 535-3304
    www.facebook.com/VintageSportscarRestorations

A couple of more "issues" this is currently a race car. I think I am going to buy another race chassis. The engine case has been bored to accept larger pistons I don't think there is anyway to fix this and motor would need to be rebuilt as a 2.7-2.9 now for some us that is a good thing but this won't a be 100 point concours no matter how much money you throw at it. The are two senarios that make some sence one would be to sell all the race hardware and rebuild this car. The other would be to buy a donor 911 and swap stuff back and forth so in the you would have a race car and nice street car. This would serious commitment to pull off I don't think I have it in me at this point in my life.
    Phil

You can have the case re-sleeved to take stock p&c's.

That's good to know.
    Thanks,
    Phil