Thread: He's Baaaaack ,Luft Kuhlung

He's Baaaaack ,Luft Kuhlung

Sorry guys but I couldn't resist...no affiliation

Ebay item# 180058463049

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-...58463049QQihZ0

Thanks ,Bert

Car looks ok. Is the seller legit?

I believe these photos are from a previous eBay auction by Jun Sato out of Japan. Does anyone else remember this?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds
    I believe these photos are from a previous eBay auction by Jun Sato out of Japan. Does anyone else remember this?
    Yes I recall that the photos were of a car being sold out of Japan. I believe the seller was in Tokyo.

Anyone know?

Even the text is from the original Japanse ad. Note some of the quaint English phrasing.

Does anyone know what happened to this car? Is this auction a total fraud or is this "merely" a seller of questionable rep?

I recall it seemed an interesting car back then.
    JR

well the only other sale by this guy is a 1992 plymouth sundance for $700.
    either he's moved up in the world or its a scam. i bet the latter.
    bob m
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

I reported these suspect attributes to eBay. Let's see if they jump on it.

One typical scam with an "approved bidders only" auction is that everyone who applies for approval is answered with an irresistible 'immediate purchase' offer. A lucky scammer could collect several checks -- or at least, deposits -- before the auction closes.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

The seller states the VIN is 9112741130 and describes it as a 1972 911S, which of course makes no sense. I requested a photo of the VIN stamping and AL tag but expect that I will not recieve photos showing these items.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299