Thread: The new crack cocaine for early 911 enthusiasts - part 2

The new crack cocaine for early 911 enthusiasts - part 2

Following on from Garth's earlier post relating to the latest price achieved on ebay for a pair of Cibie hood lamps, how about this ebay auction which just ended:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6009&rd=1&rd=1

$1,088.06 for a single '69-'73 Recaro sport seat tilting base !

I wonder how much my NOS frame in original Porsche packaging is worth ?...
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Wink Desperation!

These prices reflect the desperate state in which we find ourselves when we've been looking for a part hopelessly forever...we just go crazy... That's why I think there is a real business in reproducing quality parts.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Stefan at GTS says his tilting brackets are a good alternative to this problem. They are are made for his Torino sports seat version, and are 385mm as opposed to the 405mm on the originals, but for a couple of hundred bucks as opposed to a couple of thousand, plus a few bucks for some bar stock to make an adapter for the width difference.....it would seem to be a no-brainer.

If you want a real crazy money example, how about 10 grand for a set of wheels? And these were taken almost as soon as they were listed -

http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ebaymotors/RS...55538029QQrdZ1
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

I am not sure I understand the analogy to crack, it was supoosed to be the "cheap" cocaine.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr
    I am not sure I understand the analogy to crack, it was supoosed to be the "cheap" cocaine.Phil
    Crack is suppossed to be much more addictive than cocaine. As addicts become more addicted, they become more desparate and do crazy things - like drop almost $2,000 on a pair of Cibies.

That part I'll agree with, we are "addicts". As Goerge Carlin used to say "cocaine is God's way of letting you know you make too much money".
    Phil

I've got good reproductions available all day long. E-mail me if you want prices and photos.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Sport S seats

Hi All,
    I just want to clearify something here before everybody gets confused....
    The Sport S seats that I am offereing are exact relicas of the original Recaros, form the molded foam,to the construction of the hinge( although the hinge itself is not original ) to the adjustable headrests.They have the exact contur and shape of the originals, but I am still working on the tilting mechanism...These seats are made exclusive for GTS classics by a small italian company called D'eser and not by BF Torino.BF make also a replic but it only remotly resembles the Sport seat....just to set it straight before anybody get's it wrong......Happy Holidays
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com