Thread: 1968 911L Door Panels

1968 911L Door Panels

I have no affiliation with this auction, but WOW, these don't come around every day. Somebody here must want these so I thought I'd pass it along. Due to the auction title, they'd be easy to miss. - Paul
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/early...62318607QQrdZ1

Elephant hide, these are rare, I don't think they´ll last long
    Henry

Door Panels

If the title of the auction was better, they would have gone in a very short time. I passed it along here because this auction would be easy to miss. Hope somebody here gets a good deal, as the elephant hide ones in decent shape are darn hard to come by.

Thanks for the heads up, Paul. Mine are actually the basketweave and are in decent shape except for the speaker holes.

Didn't another member from MI get a silver '68L recently? Maybe they're interested.

Now, if you can find me the front dash pad for the 2-piece, 1 year only dash......
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

68L Door Panels

I must be making some kind of an impression for hgarazo to remember me.

Ya these door panels look great! Too bad they're elephant hide versus basket weave (what I currently have on the dash and door panels - I got my vinyl nomenclature confused in my previous post). I'll probably pass on them for now; hopefully someone from the forum can grab them and put them to use on a project...
    1968 911L

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Matt, as far as I know, these are correct for a '68 and a great deal. At this price, I would buy and put away for a rainy day - in case the urge strikes to "be correct" and change the dash strip material to match. It's nice to have a -unique to the model year- feature to play up.

I'm 5 minutes away from you, why have we not met? PM me for info on a local get together next Saturday. We longhood Michiganders need to band together!! Have you seen the midwest forum board?

http://www2.cal-look.com/forum2/
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

It looks like he's also selling a pair of seats with the elephant hide inserts- those have to be really hard to find.

The link to the auction is here.
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461