Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1972 911e

1972 911e

Has anyone seen the 1972 911E being offered at www.motoringinvestments.com I believe this is the same one sold on ebay a couple of months ago. What do you guys think? Does anyone know what it sold for on ebay?
    Any thoughts on dealer? I have spoken with him a few times he seems straight forward, but wondered if anyone has actually purchased from dealer.

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    Brian Peters, owner of Motoring Investments is a very honest and reputable dealer/restorer. He sold a car for me ('64 356C), restored a car for me ('71 280SL - Lots of photos of this restoration on his site) and located for me my favorite car of all ('73 911S), the one you see in the upper left corner of this posting.

I have nothing but good things to say about him; he will tell you everything he can about the condition of the car and tells it like it is. I live in Atlanta but have been to his shop in San Diego several times. I have not discussed this particular 911E with him but as you have already discovered, he is an easy guy to talk to.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Nice car and a nice color ... Brian had a real nice gulf or pastel blue on his site a while back, a 68L i believe.
    This one looks like it cleaned up real nice, from when it was on ebay.
    Someone will have a real nice E, a 72 to boot, in a nice color.

Karl.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

'Nabilious' is a pelican. He sold the car on ebay (see link in post above). Asking price is 50% higher than ebay sale price.

Nabil had pm'd me about the car some time before it was ready for sale after seeing one of my many 'want an E' posts. Unfortunately I never got much info from him about the car and only rec'd an email from Nabil informing me it was on ebay some months later. I would have gone to see the car for $20k or so (i think ebay sale was $21k) and done the PPI but after repeated requests for details i had no information on the car and a few days to decide if i wanted it before the auction ended. Probably was a good car at $21k (i don't really care about 'investment value') but i chose not to pursue the car given the circumstances.

Sure is a pretty color though!
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

1972 911e

The car looks pretty spectacular and the color I would think would be quite desireable. 1972 is also one of the best if not the best early LWB 911 to have in your collection.

Brain Peters has a very good reputation and does a nice job representing cars for what they really are.

This car certainly looks like legitamate to me and makes me wish I had an extra 33k in the car budget to play with.

Yeah, I think that is the same car that sold on ebay a few months back. I was actually the high bidder when the auction closed (or seconds before ) and I thought I had the car. Interesting because ebay must go out for one "last look" fractions of a second before the auction ends to see if there is a higher bid. Literally, I bid, was the high bidder, and the action closed - all within seconds. I thought for sure I had my coveted E. Not to be of course...

Sorry, I got off topic. It sure seems like a nice car and whoever got it at 21, got a deal. Very unique color, I love it.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Quote Originally Posted by t6dpilot
    Yeah, I think that is the same car that sold on ebay a few months back. I was actually the high bidder when the auction closed (or seconds before ) and I thought I had the car. Interesting because ebay must go out for one "last look" fractions of a second before the auction ends to see if there is a higher bid. Literally, I bid, was the high bidder, and the action closed - all within seconds. I thought for sure I had my coveted E. Not to be of course...

Sorry, I got off topic. It sure seems like a nice car and whoever got it at 21, got a deal. Very unique color, I love it.

I think there is software that will bid for you at the very last second......called e-snipe or something like that.

I too have been sniped at the last second......I find it very frustrating.
    Aaron Hatz
    Flat Six, inc.
    www.flat6.com

Follow us on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/flatsixinc

Snipers are only succesful when you have placed too low of a bid. Place the maximum you would financially allow yourself to bid and if it goes over that it was valued too high for you anyway (so you shouldn't feel too bad).
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I hate the sniping sfw. But really think about it. Put in a bid for what you what to spend. The sniper will get it for a few dollars more. OK, let the otrher guy have it. There's always another.
    Tom