Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Cibies

FS: Cibies

1200$ OBO, the first one to accept 1200$, incl shipping from Norway, will get them, but if this price is out of the market I will accept other offers. I have shipped two other pairs to the US sold at this board, but not in this condition. Only posted at Sreg at this time.

The pair of buckets has been bead blasted, coated with POR-15 inside the buckets, then primed in Spies Hecher (Du Pont) etch wash primer, both inside and outside. One of the buckets had small dent I could see against the light but spray filler removed it, anyway your painter will probably make them perfect (it’s not possible to see now). The trim ring and three bolt bottom plate has been yellow zinc plated (Cadmium plated). The adjusted screws are new and so are the small plastic bits in the trim rings (all other parts are original). Two chrome rings are in very good condition with no pitting/corrosion, inside both rings there some surface corrosion, but this can easily be removed. The reflectors and lenses are in very good condition with absolutely no pitting or marks (not "sandblasted" like the 1300$ Ebay deal). The 2 black bottom plates in the pics are also painted with POR-15, but they are not perfect because of the bead blasting removing pitting that shows thru the paint.

Thank you
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Wink Cibies

John,hey this is Bert in DC..those are beautiful! I'll take them if still available
    thanks, pm or email pertinent payment info, Bert
    PS Guess I'll be selling that first subpar set huh?

Nice set John!!!
    Good sale!!!
    #rennfrog

Sold to Budge96/Bert who was first in line. I had two similar pairs, the other pair sold "on the side" of the board to another member.

A question for you Olive and Milou. I followed your post Milou from your contact with the former owner of Cibie. I have two original buckets with SEV Marchal stickers inside. How is this possible if they where never delivered with Marchal lenses?

Thanks
    John
    Early 911S Registry #931

Quote Originally Posted by Zithlord
    Sold to Budge96/Bert who was first in line. I had two similar pairs, the other pair sold "on the side" of the board to another member.

A question for you Olive and Milou. I followed your post Milou from your contact with the former owner of Cibie. I have two original buckets with SEV Marchal stickers inside. How is this possible if they where never delivered with Marchal lenses?

Thanks
    John
    I had too,sold to Jim!
    Maybe some where first delivered to Marchal(W/O lenses),but i'm sure they where available from Marchal for Citroen.
    #rennfrog

Olive: that’s exactly what I think to. Buckets and parts delivered to Marchal where they fitted them with lenses and sold them under their name? But I have never seen an original cardboard box with a Marchal Pallas light, like the ones from Cibie though? Maybe you have Olive?

John
    Early 911S Registry #931

Marchal or Cibie

This is really interesting and I've sent the thread to the Cibie heir hoping for an explanation. When I discussed it with her, she told me that Marchal was a competitor to Cibie and a collaboration in 1970 to produce Pallas lamps was unthinkable.

She suggests that Pallas lights with Marchal lens are from a later period when the "Valleo" brand had purchased and owned both the Cibie and Marchal brands. Under their ownership, they must have reunited the stocks from both brands in order to continue to produce later Pallas.

Another suggestion could be that the independant supplier of the bowl and the chromed rims supplied both brands at the same time. A concept difficult to conceive today but perhaps an accepted practice in 1970. We know of Pallas Cibie ads dated from 1970 but do we have any proof that Marchal was producing them at the time? Any boxes or published ads?

Look at the photograph below taken at le Mans in 1970. Both cars seem to have the exact same "Pallas" lights but one is sponsored by Marchal, the other by Cibie. I don't think the Pallas from the Marchal car are Cibie, it wouldn't make any sense to be sponsored by a competitor, don't you think?

It would be great if someone could "blow up" the photograph and see if the lens is Marchal or Cibie!

I tempted to think that Pallas lights must have been produced also by Marchal at the time.

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Milou - this ad is from around 1970. The LeMans photo above is a video capture I did from the movie. I'm not sure if there's enough resolution to blow it up much, but I'll try.

Here's a set of stickers from the #59 car on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEV-Marchal-25...QQcmdZViewItem

BTW: how does one just happen to bump into the Cibie heiress?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think I might be looking at the Marchal 'Cat and Flag' logo on the hood (upper right of #59) on Curt's video capture...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Why would you need spare tire upfront for 24hr LeMans? Would/do they change there own tires? What about the 917 they had no way to carry a spare what did that class do???
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser