Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 911S has a new friend.

My 911S has a new friend.

My 911S has a new friend and in all likely hood a replacement.

I have recently been fortunate enough to acquire an original 914-6 in excellent condition. I should have my complete restoration of my 70S done early in the new year and I will have some time to decide which one will stay. At this point the plan is the 914-6 is my Porsche of the future. I hope to acquire a 2.2MFI engine for it someday though. It is currently has the the original engine but rebuilt with 2.0S P+C's and E cams.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

Bob,

No question - keep both !!

Cheers,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

Two great cars with such diffrent ,wonderful flavers. I would have a hard time making a choice between the two. When you get the 70S back and hear the high revving engine, and actually feel the car it will be even harder to make the decision. I think you have the start of a nice collection, keep both.

That's a very nice lookin ride. I can see where you'd be thinking about the future ride, but we all know it's gonna change as you go...hehe.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    It was love the first time I put my right foot down in my 914/3.2. The power. The torque. The turn-in. Amazing! An early 911 is a terrific car but a 914 of equal power but far better balance? Well, you'll be the judge of which car puts a bigger smile on your face.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

I have had many 911's & a few 914's. I sold an immaculate 67 911 Black, factory installed S engine, in 1968, original perfect Sport Seats, 57,000 miles. Gorgeous to look at, fun to play show & tell, brag about mileage. I sold it to but a 1970, 914, converted to 6/2.8.
    I have never had a moments regret. A sports car by definition is 2 seats, open top. Add a mid engine, and weight around 2000 lbs., makes for more fun than I ever had in the Touring 911. For me 2 seat, open top driving is the best.

Bob, seems we are on similar paths. I bought a 1970 914-6 a few months ago to keep my 911 company. It came with a hot 3.0, but I'm pulling it to replace it with the 2.2S MFI motor I pulled out of my 911 (which now has a 2.8SS RSR). Can't wait for a whole summer with the 914 to get the full fun-in-the-sun effect.
    Brooke
    1969 911 ST w/ 2.8SS
    1973 911 RS tribute with 3.3 turbo
    1970 914-6 w/ 2.2S (sold)
    1972 BMW M2 (sold)
    R Gruppe #338
    S Reg # 855

Bob,

There is no doubt you will really enjoy the 914. It has such a completely different flavor than a 911 it makes for a very different, and well cornering, driving experience.

I have a very nice, rust free, '70 I am going through. Sitting in my garage is a complete Elephant suspension upgrade just waiting to go on. Then I am debating whether the engine will be a 2.4S or a 2.7RS spec.

Enjoy your new acquisition. Not only are they a blast but you meet the absolute nicest people who have previously owned one, or lusted after one 'back in the day'.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Keep both of them, That color is specially rare and nice too , i have three 914-6 , and here at least in europe the prices are soaring, keep both of them! Now if you want to sell let me know

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I wish I could keep both but I know I won't be able to do so.

It will be gut wrenching to decide which one to keep. In either case I will be satisfied with the one I kept and miss the one I sold.

If the weather would smarten up I would take the 14-6 for a real run. I have yet to be the driver of a spirited run. I have been the passenger

I used to think that Early S cars were pretty raw and minimalistic. After spending some time with this 914 the 911 seems completely posh.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.