Thread: Updated R Gruppe Car

Updated R Gruppe Car

Here is the New R Gruppe Car. It feels like an early car on steriods. it is light and agile. It feels like my 2.7 RS. What a daily driver and track weapon.

After waiting until the very end of the production run. It finally arived. # 141 must be one of the last ones for the year. Well worth the wait.

The car is as described. I had a 997 and I have a Cup Car. It feels more like the cup car than the 997. The shifter is just like the Cup. The turn in is amazing. The sound is second to none. The interior is amazing. No need for full leather it looks just right the way it is. The non TV Screen dash looks great. The stereo is simple to use and sound good enough to listen to Country Music. The Alcantara feels awsome. The seats feel good and are easy to adjust. The new dash looks clean and neat. There is not another car on the planet that compares. I have driven many Porsche's this thing is amazing.

As soon as it came of the truck my buddy Jeff Smith met me in his 996 GT3. We b-lined to Rothsport Racing in Portland OR. Jeff Gamroth. ( ex Alex Jobe crew chief) got the car up in the air and gave us an education. The brake cooling ducts are trick. When you hit the sport button you can hear the electronic valve re-directing the airflow from the front muffler. The change in the sound is crazy. The PCCB's look like the same size as the C GT right next to it. Many of the developments on the car he was testing many years ago with the Alex Jobe team It is amazing how much this car is like a race car. I can't wait to get it on the track.

the early car has been re born in my opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Nicely done!

Congrats Joe.
    Can't wait to meet her in person!
    Howard Lazarus
    Early S Registry #357
    RGruppe #181
    1971 911S Conda Green, Factory Airport Gears
    1972 Corsican Rose Love Fest

Another fine ride added to the Barnes Collection !

Joe,
    Nice work! That GT3 is really cool, I know you have been waiting for this car for some time. Alcantara...it's the new houndstooth, awesome stuff !
    I need to make another trip north & ride along with you guys....call me when it stops raining

See you at the 07 Treffen.

ps: Did Jeff get another 996?, what happened to his white car ?
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Joe,

That is AWESOME!!!! Congrats......I love the white on black, and the alcantara is the bomb. I have it in my o6 Evo IX and it looks fantastic. I assume you also have experience with the 996 GT3. How do you compare the two cars? I am jonesing BIG TIME for a GT3, but will have to stretch (sell the Evo and other non essential stuff. The 73 stays!!) to afford an 04/05 version. Sure would love your opinion between the two cars when you have time.

Thanks

Chris
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Personally, I was crossing my fingers for orange, but that is a pretty damn beautiful car! I really dig the subtle homage to Fuchs in the wheel design.

Nice work Joe!

BA
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

What a great car, Joe! I am green with envy. Maybe in 3 or 4 years I might be able to afford a used one, if I sell a couple of my early cars.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Thanks guys, I broke her in today. Drove her on some back country roads with dirt and rocks all over the place. She got her first rock chip. Now she is ready for the track.

I a have never driven a 996 GT3. I had a 997S. The car feels more like my Cup car than a street car. The ride quality is great. It is the ultimate daily driver, track combo car. The shifter and the noise are pure race car.

Smith has a 04 GT3 maybe he will let me swap for a day. That will give us both a good comparison.