Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 70-71 short gear trans 904 shaft LSD

70-71 short gear trans 904 shaft LSD

I have for sale a 70-71 trans with a real 904 shaft, gear ratio: A, E, K, Q, V
    It also has LSD. It will only fit a 70 or 71 car, which I do not have. I purchased this trans rebuilt from a man named Marion Adams, from So. Carolina. I purchased thousands of dollars worth of parts from him, and this was one of them. He passed away about 6 mos. ago. Many of you know Jens Moller, he actually went down and met this man, who had an incredible Porsche car and parts collection. You could contact Jens to get his feelings on just how well this person knew Porsche cars and parts. I spoke with CarQuip in Boulder, Colorado, who I have done a lot of business with also. They do a lot of trans rebuilding, and I wanted to know what they felt this trans was worth. They said if I bought all 5 gears from them, $500 per gear, or $2,500. The LSD would be about $1,500. A case would be $900, and they sell a repro 904 shaft, (which allows an E second gear) for about $900. That totals $5,800 for the parts, before bearings, seals, etc., and labor to put it together. Call them also, they can verify these costs. I paid $6,000 for it, which included shipping and boxing. I will sell it for $5,000, you pay the shipping and boxing. I do have 3 on this board who read the post on short gears on the tech section also looking to buy, so I thought I would put it on the for sale site rather than continuing all of the PM's. As the thread said on the tech section, if you want the best way to get a big grin on your face, put gears in your car. I have a short box in my 67S, (A,E,I,O,U) what a blast. If this trans fit in my 68S, I would keep it. This is about all I can tell you about this trans.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Hello: It can be made to fit your 68 car by changing out the diff housing. Thanks Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric911S
    Hello: It can be made to fit your 68 car by changing out the diff housing. Thanks Eric
    Anything can be made to fit. 70-71 is much larger hub than on early trans, and cv joints will not match up, only thing that might work is a 914 hub, which would have to be machined for 5 bolt pattern, etc. Also clutch, etc need to be replaced as well as linkage is alittle different. Just easier to sell as is rather than modify something that is stock and will work well in the right year car. Take care.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

sold american

eade,I 'll take it!!

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227
    eade,I 'll take it!!
    You are the first one to pull the trigger, so it is yours. I will check on shipping etc, take care.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

shipping

Eade,ship it to Dick Hyland 2823 rte 52;pinebush,ny 12566

it's going into my ST clone along with 2.5 litre motor;center fill fuel tank,rsr coil overs;mini lites..........this clone is going to be great with the LSD AND SHORT GEARS

THANkS Eade

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227
    Eade,ship it to Dick Hyland 2823 rte 52;pinebush,ny 12566

it's going into my ST clone along with 2.5 litre motor;center fill fuel tank,rsr coil overs;mini lites..........this clone is going to be great with the LSD AND SHORT GEARS

THANkS Eade
    No problem, will get it out as soon as possible, take care.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Second in line, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Flunder
    Second in line, just in case.
    Okay, you are second, take care
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

If Frank wants it, you ain't gettin' it.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687