Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin C ---- Loving the new paint!

Vitamin C ---- Loving the new paint!

My painter has just sprayed some of the removable panels of my car.
    I have never seen signal orange in person and I am totally thrilled with it!
    The rest of the car should be sprayed over the holidays and ready for assembly in the new year. Bring on 2007!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

Thumbs up Thumbs Up!!!

That's looking great Bob. You must really be excited turning the corner and reaching the paint stage. It won't be long now til reassembly starts.

I didn't know your 2.2S was the same color as mine.

That chassis looks spotless. Your attention to detail shows.

What color was your car when you got it? Mine had had an 80's makeover in white with blackout trim when I got it that I had to undo.

Looking forward to more pictures as they become available.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Hi Bob,
    The orange looks beautiful, and the body look very straight. Wait until the paint gets buffed out and the chrome is back on the car. I envy.
    Now tell me more about the early Series 1 Etype in the forefront. That louevred hood gives it away. Black with red interior. You wanna sell it?

just to add, the e-type is a 4.2l. (you can tell by the later, bigger seats). Earlier xke seats had bucket seats.

Looks like a nice job. Will we be seeing a 914-6 in Gemini Blue anytime soon?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Bob,

Soon it will look like this. Great color IMHO.

Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Yup, great colour!
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by erick72pors
    just to add, the e-type is a 4.2l. (you can tell by the later, bigger seats). Earlier xke seats had bucket seats.
    Eric,
    I noticed that too after my post. Those early seats that came with the 3.8litrecars were the most uncomfortable seats in any car I have ever sat in. Ni support and no recline mechanism. Thank god for Recaros....

Thumbs up Signal Orange

Quote Originally Posted by bobmagyar
    My painter has just sprayed some of the removable panels of my car.
    I have never seen signal orange in person and I am totally thrilled with it!
    The rest of the car should be sprayed over the holidays and ready for assembly in the new year. Bring on 2007!
    Signal Orange is one of my favorite early colors.
    Henry