Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor Meister

Motor Meister

About to have a 1970 911 T motor re-built. Will build it up without messing with the cases to about 160hp.

Anyone know about Motor Meister and their history? Or have thoughts on some other reasonably priced motor builders?

Happy Holidays

John
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Quote Originally Posted by denson
    Anyone know about Motor Meister and their history?
    Do a search on the PP forums.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=254145

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=270023

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=301218

These are just a few of the threads that would tell me to stay very far away from them.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Speaking from experience - Find some one who will actually rebuild your motor!
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

Thank goodness for the internet.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

About to have a 1970 911 T motor re-built. Will build it up without messing with the cases to about 160hp.

Anyone know about Motor Meister and their history? Or have thoughts on some other reasonably priced motor builders?

Happy Holidays

John

John,
    You might also do a search under motorscheister...Seriously, they pop up under that name too....

If $15,000 strikes you as reasonable, you'll have a number of choices of competent engine builders. Do the math on the hard parts and the machine work, you can get to that number or more pretty quick.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

Guys:

Thanks for this information Time to move on real fast. Glad I did not ship it.

My 356 S motor was re-built by Walt at Competition Engineering and I cannot tell you how well it was done and how happy I am. I built it to rally specs (original numbers matching and did not touch the cases). Puts out about 120 hp and is now a different car to drive.

Thought I could save a few bucks with Motor Meister, but will go back to Walt.

BTW; Walt is a great guy and his work is outstanding.

Thanks, again.

John
    John

RGruppe member 445

Guys:

Thanks for this information Time to move on real fast. Glad I did not ship it.

My 356 S motor was re-built by Walt at Competition Engineering and I cannot tell you how well it was done and how happy I am. I built it to rally specs (original numbers matching and did not touch the cases). Puts out about 120 hp and is now a different car to drive.

Thought I could save a few bucks with Motor Meister, but will go back to Walt.

BTW; Walt is a great guy and his work is outstanding.

Thanks, again.

John

John,
    Now you are talking. With prices for early911's jumping, why save a few grand on a questionable rebuilder? Spend the extra money and have the fan housing polished, linkage etc. replated, and the engine compartment cleaned up.
    It's an investment at this point.

John,

I didn't realise that Walt rebuilt engines. He did the machine work on both the 2.2S and RS cases for the rebuilds. Yes, he does fantastic work. I can't believe I didn't ask if he did entire motors.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Guys:

I think Walt is mainly a machine shop. He seems to really like doing specialty type work like these early 911 and 356 motors.

His work is perfect in all respects. I waited 9 months, but knew it was for a reason. He is also a cool guy that is fair and has been doing this for a loooong time.

Yep, better to spend the dollars and get the best. All good thoughts.

John
    John

RGruppe member 445