Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dimensions for R-style decklid hinges?

Smile Dimensions for R-style decklid hinges?

Hi guys,

I'm a new member here (still waiting for my membership package). I've had a 79 SC for a couple years now and about 6 months ago I picked up a 73 tub to make a ST-look hotrod. Since then, I've been doing pretty much a complete resto. I've got things pretty much torn down as far as they're going to go.

One of the things I wanted to do was remove the stock hinges for the decklid and replace them with the R style hinges. Since I have the equipment, I want to make a set myself. I've done some searching and have a number of photos. However, I want to make them a close to the originals as possible. I was wondering if anyone had specific dimensions on the hinges, or even a template if possible?

Happy holidays,

Tracy
    '73.5T -- ST replica project
    Member #1045

Make a search and also on Pelicanparts.com ; you will find all the drawings, photos and measurements you need ...

Actually, I've done quite a bit of searching (both here and on Pelican). As I mentioned, I've plenty of photos, but haven't found actual dimensions -- hence this request.
    Member #1045

You might want to save a good bit of time and just buy a set of hinges from fellow board member Erichw. Search "hinges" and the "R deck hinges" thread is the one to check out. The price is more than fair and looks like a quality part. And I belive that somebody was going to post the measurments for placement of the of the hinges on the tub. Just my $.02 worth.
    Bill
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

I'll second that. Eric's hinges are the best I've seen.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I have the drawings at home, I can email them later tonight.
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Tracy - I am all for contributing to an ST project. I have one from GT Racing which served as Milt's template for his batch run. It's a spare floating around in my parts bin. If you want to borrow it then let me know. Just return it when you're done. PM your address.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Wow guys! You're awesome. Bob, let me see if I can get dimensions from Bill. If that doesn't work out, then I'll take you up on your offer. Very generous.

Bill, my email is twork@cwo.com

Thanks again,

Tracy
    Member #1045

_B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Thanks Bob! Really appreciate the assistance here!
    Member #1045