Thread: WTB/Trade: Don Burns or Dave Strongs license plate frame

WTB/Trade: Don Burns or Dave Strongs license plate frame

Taking a long shot....

WTB: Don Burns of Garden Grove or Dave Strongs Porsche Audi in Utah Porsche license plate frame. Its for my 1972 911 S Targa.
    The original owner purchased the car from Petermax Muller Porsche, Hanover Germany. Imported it, Don Burns did the first service, then he moved to Ogden, Utah. Dave Strong did the remaining service.

I have a late year Vasek Polack license plate frame to trade. I went to the dealership the LAST week it was open. All merchandise was already sold. A mechanic removed the the front frame from a "new" 911.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

hmmmm...

....what-about the NEW Rgruppe frames ?? Seriously Ray, try to find a vintage Chick Iverson ( Newport Beach). During the day, they sold more Porsches than Vasak. Roger should be able to find one of those.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

hard to find

BTW: You have a PM
    Curt, I have tried for Chick Iverson...few and far between...
    Curious/nostalgia to see if I can find a Don Burns, otherwise I'l keep the VP.

I remember growing up in San Pedro, the FIRST Porsche dealership I ever went into was Kendon in Harbor City. Now THAT one, I would pay $$$$.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Hard To Find

Ray: The Chick Iverson frames that I've seen have the background where the letters are in yellow/mustard color with PORSCHE on the left, then CHICK IVERSON in the middle, then AUDI on the right. Are there any without AUDI? I've never seen a Don Burns frame. I also visited the KENDON Porsche/V.W dealer on PCH just west of Vermont. However, I've seen the KENDON frames with V.W on them, but never seen one with Porsche on them. Jesse Rodriguez
    Early S Registry # 657
    R Gruppe # 70
    356 Registry # 9120

more info

As for the Chick Iverson, I have seen the frames you mention around Newport Beach. I have even asked the drivers to sell the frames. They all look at me weird for some reason?????

Like you, NEVER seen a Don Burns frame. As for Kendon, I grew up in San Pedro. I would go out there with my brother when he did not have the time to drive out to VP.

Question: did you ever hear/go to Diro?? Back when Dieter and Robie were together?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Hard To Find

Ray: Diro-Dieter & Robie- was/were located on Western Ave. just south of Anahein. I had a 912 and they serviced for several years including a complete rebuilt in '75-'76 for $1,100.00. They split up in the '80s and Robie opened up a new shop on Lomita Bl. his son took over the shop when Robie retired in the last few years and just closed earlier this yr. They were at Pomona in the Spring selling a lot of early 911 stuff. Dieter is still in business in Harbor City on 252nd or 253rd St., just a few blocks north of where the Kendon Porsche/V.W dealer was. In my view back in the '70-'80s DIRO was one of the most reputable Porsche repair shops in the South Bay, from LAX thru San Pedro. Respecfully speaking, in those days this area was definitively PORSCHE COUNTRY. Jesse Rodriguez Early S Registry # 657 R Gruppe # 70 356 Registry # 9120

Kendon Frame

Here is the original frame that came from Kendon in early 1969 on my car. Sorry not for sale.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tangerine:

Great first post! Let's see the rest of your car on the "show your ride" thread!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

This kind'a goes with the frame...

In the POC Vol. 16 No. 1 newsletter - July 1970

Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild