Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stripped 69S value help needed please.

Question Stripped 69S value help needed please.

I realize w/o seeing the car it's a guesstimate but would appreciate any input. You all were a great help on other questions I had trying to get up to speed on early 911's after a 10 year habitus. I have an old COA from Porsche. Serial # is 119300300 it is a non sun roof coupe. The tub is stripped bare, bead blasted and in primer. No rust with the exception of some pin hole rust in rear seat bottom area. Front suspension pan was replaced and at that time all suspension point's were checked for correctness. All parts are there with exception of a few front brake lines. Interior trim very RATTY. Engine is complete and # matches COA but one of the main bearing journals in the block is egg shaped but 'repairable' according to 'Ollies' who was contacted about it 10 years ago. Crank is standard and fine as are head's, cam's etc. Original correct fuel injection boxed up and complete. Transaxle # does not match COA. Tub has been stored inside for 10 years as have parts. Thank you.

Mark,
    Are you buying or selling?

How many early esses do you have?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=13457
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

I own the car and not to the point of selling right now. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row and up to speed on what the market is and then I'm going to decide what to do with various parts and projects that have sat idle for years. It's of those things, part of me want's to restart, part of me dosen't if that makes sense. 72, I have two, the 67 and the 69.

I sent you a PM regarding your 67 and never heard back from you.
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Very sorry Joe, PM sent.
    Early 911S member #166

I have no problem with the theory that all men are created equal.
    But after that moment you are on your own and nobody owes you a damn thing.

119300300 . . .

VIN = 119300300
    Eng# = 6390444
    Trans# = 7191529
    Prod# = ?

. . . now, here . . .

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...=1#post1096878

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by LongRanger; 05-30-2021 at 07:57 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    I realize w/o seeing the car it's a guesstimate but would appreciate any input. You all were a great help on other questions I had trying to get up to speed on early 911's after a 10 year habitus. I have an old COA from Porsche. Serial # is 119300300 it is a non sun roof coupe. The tub is stripped bare, bead blasted and in primer. No rust with the exception of some pin hole rust in rear seat bottom area. Front suspension pan was replaced and at that time all suspension point's were checked for correctness. All parts are there with exception of a few front brake lines. Interior trim very RATTY. Engine is complete and # matches COA but one of the main bearing journals in the block is egg shaped but 'repairable' according to 'Ollies' who was contacted about it 10 years ago. Crank is standard and fine as are head's, cam's etc. Original correct fuel injection boxed up and complete. Transaxle # does not match COA. Tub has been stored inside for 10 years as have parts. Thank you.
    All vehicle equipment corresponds to the birth certificate and the vehicle history is available here.
    I guess they found the matching transmission

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    I guess they found the matching transmission

Richard
    Like many cars these days where the original engine and trans have been "found"

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...g-project.html

Mark S must have sold to Bert, who then sold in 2011 as matching numbers.
    Lots of engines & transmissions being reunited these days. A friend in the UK was asking me about AC brackets on his early 911 engine, and a few weeks later another friend in the Netherlands was asking about engine numbers for a 911 project. I recognized the UK engine belonged to the project, and put the guys together. I think there are 6 914/6 whose engines have been reunited with chassis by learning the original engine # from my service. I keep spotting advertised engines belonging to cars regularly. It is all about tracking data.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers