Thread: Looking For These Parts...

Looking For These Parts...

1972 911 T and 1973 RS owners manual

Radio face plate for 1972 frankfurt that matches dash

Excellent condition tool kit that has all the right stuff for 72 or 73 911

Shift knob for 1973 911 RS

email jayfreedman1@aol.com

There is an original RS owners manual (German) on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...4985159&rd=1,1

Richard

Reading the ad for the RS supplement, "On page 9 the centre section regarding the tires has been glued in. I am not an expert on this but what I think is that the original text was incorrect and that factory corrected it this way. They glued over a piece of paper w/ the correct text instead of disposing the whole series", that is one way to tell an original from a fake. I have never seen an original without that piece of paper glued in, I've seen a lot of really nice shiny new looking manuals without the paper, but with the information on it.

Sorry to interrupt. There was another seller on eBay Germany selling fakes, I was wondering if they were back.

I have never seen an original without that piece of paper glued in,
    Does that apply for all languages (Italian, French and English) or just the German edition?

Richard

I have a very nice 1972 T manual with the 1972 emissions booklet with it. I will take $150 for it. Thanks.

Don

I have only seen English and German editions, both had the sticker. If you really want to know about the other languages I can e-mail a guy who will know. On my German fakey, you can see that the three lines right about at the center of Page 9 are tilted. Not by much, but there should be a sticker there. (I can't figure out how to get a decent sized image uploaded).

There are a lot of them that came from the same source in Germany, the seller uses eBay private auctions to sell a lot of "NOS" things. Another guy I know got a fake and got mad, he told me that he was going to e-mail bidders, and around then the private auctions started.

Something new

Well, you learn something new everyday. My (DEFINITELY REAL) RS supplement, in German for a Swiss delivered car, has the sticker, which I never noticed before...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....