Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Evolution IX

2006 Evolution IX

My 06 Evo IX is up for sale. Just picked up a 93 RSA to take its place. Evo is White with Black Alcantara interior. Excellent condition with 13,875 miles. An amazing car that will blow your mind once you drive it. It is totally stock and is a no questions car. Please let me kow if you are interested. I'm in Glendale Calif, very near downtown Los Angeles. I've owned the car from brand new, purchased in Feb 06. I'll take $26K. (Was $32K brand new.)

Cheers!!!!

Chris
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Sold but not forgotten.

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Chris, Just made a similar move selling my Subaru STI and replacing with a 98 993 Targa. No regrets. Definitely not as fast but a joy to drive and live with every day. STI will be well remembered too though.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Steve,

You're right on the money....There may be quicker, more agile machines out there, but at the end of the day, they aint P cars. I'm lovin the RSA. Lots of untapped knowledge to absorb.

Later,

CT

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Chris and Steve,
    I knew that you two would sell those 4 wheel drive ricers one day. I drove both of those cars in stock and modified forms and there is no comparison with a Porsche. Porsche is the only way to go for a true driver. I suspected from earlier posts that you two are true drivers, and now have confirmed that fact. Chris, good luck with the 993, and any pictures to post?
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

It's actually a 964 (93 RS America) Once I get it together, I'll post a pic or two. It's a sweet car, and a wonderful driving machine. I'll miss the rawness of the EVO, but will not miss every twenty something year old choosing me off for a race. That got tiresome.

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Actually, if you'de like to see a picture go to rsamerica.net under Marketplace and scroll down to the Sold section. My car is the second from the top, Midnight Blue Metallic, and rides on the stock US ride height set up. My 'tip of the hat' to the Paris-Dakar rally. Lowering it to Euro ride ht. very soon.

All the best...............

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

My mistake between 993 and 964, I looked at the car and it is fantastic. Much better than the rice. Raw? The RS America is raw. Drivers car all the way. And a good investment.
    JLC
    rgruppe# 344
    collinsgruppe@bellsouth.net

I'm not going to get into the PCar/Ricer--hate that term BTW--debate again. I guess my wallet just spoke. However, I sold the STI because I was just over it. I have a serious car buying/selling habit and in fact the STI at two and a half years was one I've held onto for a surprisingly long time.

I didn't get the 993--a Targa Tip no less-- because it was more of a performance/drivers car. I got the 993 because I wanted something more grown up, civilized and with some quality to it. At my now advancing age of 40 the STI didn't really fit my lifestyle and image. And with the current used prices of STI's now in the low 20s I don't fit into the driver demographic. For a blast through a canyon or around the track, the STI will kick the 993's butt. However thats not everything.

Now I'm going to let you guys talk me down from trading my 72 for a Lotus Elise!!!!
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

Steve,

Couldn't have said it better myself. Spot on mate.

Now for the Elise...I like it. I was on track with an Elise in Dec. and for the first half of the day it was running faster lap times. Once I got my legs under me though, I was walking away from it. Very sweet nimble ride. Did you sell the new silver car for the Elise?

CT

R #208
    S #607
    A #76