Thread: FS : 1 pair of cibie hooglights

FS : 1 pair of cibie hoodlights

Nice pair of cibie lights :

- chrome very nice (I think rechromed by previous owner)
    - metal housings painted in rust-primer, in very good condition.
    - cibie glasses perfect
    - 1 lens perfect, 1 lens has 2 small spots/scratches on the mirror (dont know if this is correct word for it), but are perfectly usable.
    - the glasses and lenses are clear, it are the lightbulbs that are yellow.
    - backplates in perfect condition
    - all adjustment screws for the lenses in perfect condition

more pictures via e-mail : please pm

Best offer over 1200 $ or first one offering 1500 $ buys them !!
    Shipping to USA : 60 us$ including insurance on full value. If sold for 1500 us$ : shipping is included !!

thnx
    Kristof
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm a buyer at 1200,but I would like to see a picture of the lights with the chrome ring off. Can you email direct? Where is the tab on the bottom of the chrome ring?

Thanks.

Jim

RPM, Some have the tabs removed so the hood dont scratch, if mounted high up on the hood. Some remove the tabs when rechroming(because the tabs make it difficult to remove the old chrome, and then polish them before rechroming) and dont put them back. Someone had the theory that the lights delivered with the Porsche from the factory had no tab, but I am not so sure because I have seen tabs on lights mounted in historic pictures on factory cars with the tabs on.

BTW, I sent you(RPM) a PM message about the Marchal lenses you are looking for.

John
    Early 911S Registry #931
    --------------------------------
    1971 911 2.2S Coupe Albert Blue
    1971 911 2.2T Coupe Tangerine
    2005 997 C2S Coupe special 1965 slate grey
    1978 911 3.0 SC Targa Silver w/chrome trim

Wow, the prices rises pretty fast. When I offered my very excellent set of Marschal lights a few months ago, there were not many people willing to pay 1k. And now...

Jim at RPM alone has pushed up prices 40%
    Based on the fact that he has bought the last 4 sets offered here, he appears to be trying to corner the market.
    BTW Jim, have you figured out how much extra wind resistance being created with 4 sets of Cibies on your front end??? I only had one set on my hood and I could feel the difference in a decent headwind.

Well,
    so I have some material left to push them 100% . I've sold them with Marshall lenses since I left the choice to the buyer. Did not realize that they are more popular but that is ok.
    With a a few lights on the hood you can not win a high speed race I guess. Even a RUF would be slow down

cibie

Hello Jim

Did you receive my mails ?
    Please let me know if we have a deal.
    Thnx

Kristof

cibies

Cibie Lights no longer available !!

I have another set for sale, for those intrested (including the tabs on the rings) :

- similar condition, only dont look as nice due to bad paint quality of the bodys
    - very nice chrome, good lenses
    - backplates included
    - pictures available tomorow.

Make offer !

Shipping cost 80 us$ to USA (60us$ as mentioned earlier was not correct)

cibies

SOLD (on ebay)