Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member "RealRS#406"

New member "RealRS#406"

Well I about fell off my chair when I read this newest screen name. This isn't Dr. Anton is it?

Please take the time to introduce your self and put up some photos of the real RS 406 in the 'Show your ride' thread. Thanks and welcome.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

RealRS #406 in Australia

Brian , thanks for the welcome - I purchased the car here in Australia
    from the guy who imported it from Japan. I have owned 23 Porsches in cluding a RHD RS #495.
    Currently I have the RS , a 74 Carrera MFI Historic race car. a 75 Carrera
    MFI Targa, a 95 993 Rs, and an 03 Carrera.
    We have stripped the RS back to metal, and there is absolutely no
    doubt it is the original shell. I have recently become aware of the
    discussion of the clone over the past year or two, on the various
    Porsche forums, and have prepared a substantial summary of the
    situation as I see it with these cars, supported by a lot of images.
    It is a fairly long document, with many attachments, and to be frank
    I am not sure how to post something like that here, or whether it
    would be appropriate.
    In the meantime I am happy to e-mail the images and summary to anyone who is interested.

Cheers
    David Withers

David,

We were just discussing #406 this morning at a local get together. Congratulations on your new purchase. I would like to see the images and summary when you have a chance. Please e-mail to 911k at tx.rr.com

Best regards,

Mike
    1968 911 #11830241
    Early S Registry #810
    R Gruppe #461

Hey David

welcome to the board.

It is great to see another Australian board contributor and I am sure you will find it a great resource, even with your background and experience with these cars

Justin Reed told me you had this car now and were taking it back to metal.

I have heard how much work you did on #495 when you owned it (and seen the results) By all accounts it required substantial work although, in my view, it is a pity you did not put it back to lilac instead of the GP white - although at the time you had it I am not sure how popular Lilac was - or even is now
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Hi Hugh,
    Thanks for your comments.
    I was very close to painting it Lilac, but was talked out of it - big mistake.
    That was over 13 years ago and I have restored a number of cars since.
    I have been amazed at the amount of information here, and the intricate knowledge some people have of the most obscure areas of early Porsches.

Cheers
    David

Hi David,

Well it is a pleasure to have the owner of the real RS 406 join the forum. I would be glad to put up the current photos you have of the car in the site if you are interested in sharing them.

As I said in my email response if you are in need of any parts for your restoration please ask. There are many resourceful people here that would be glad to help out.

PS I am a bit jealous of your 993 RS, that would be cool to have both a '73 and '95 RS.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds
    Hi David,

PS I am a bit jealous of your 993 RS, that would be cool to have both a '73 and '95 RS.
    Brian, HOW jealous? I know of 1 or 2 availalble in the states. Cool colors, reasonable prices...OK, OK, I KNOW I should define 'reasonable', as it has lost it's true meaning when it comes to these cars....I mean, when you want a car bad enuf, ANY PRICE seems reasonable. Right?
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

hi david,

welcome to the board - its an amazing resource.

ps. did you hear about my historic race car (group Sb) purchase? i'm hoping to have it prepped for phillip island in march.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Hi Ryan,
    I did hear about your car but would like to know more.
    assume you have been to P.I. before - it is one of the worlds
    great circuits, and I am sure you know Porsche is the featured
    marque for this Historic meeting.

Cheers
    David
    Member #1037

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    Brian, HOW jealous? I know of 1 or 2 availalble in the states. Cool colors, reasonable prices...OK, OK, I KNOW I should define 'reasonable', as it has lost it's true meaning when it comes to these cars....I mean, when you want a car bad enuf, ANY PRICE seems reasonable. Right?
    Oh man, how could I hide this car from the boss? Hey it never hurts to look does it? Yes, if you could forward me the info that would be great. Thanks Stacy.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299