Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 68 911S on eBay

68 911S on eBay

Did anyone notice this Red 68 911S on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230076606702

Any thoughts based on description, photos, and fact that this is a new eBay seller?

Here is the link to the BMC Classics, Inc with more detail on the restauration and more photos

http://www.dreamsonwheels.com/images...red/index.html

Guess what. Here he is again.

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval

$52.5k

Bart

Shopping Around

Interesting, the front fenders appear to be from a LWB car. Late sport seats and and '69 or later wheel. Hmmm?
    Various Porsche's

Nice spot on the fenders.

I like how they spray bomb the rear of the engine case just enough to make it look good for a photo.

These are hints that the restoration of this car was done poorly and there are sure to be issue that have been covered up by the seller.

Proceed with caution.
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

These are hints that the restoration of this car was done poorly
    I would not want these guys to restore my car!

Wrong steering wheel and horn push
    Wrong carpets, should be S&P
    Later (LWB) Sports seats
    Flat 6" Fuchs instead of 5.5"
    Non matching rear bumper trims (narrow) and sill trims and wide front bumper trim
    2.4S front spoiler/bumper
    No sealer on the poorly installed front suspension pan
    SC plastic engine grill (Aghhhh)
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Slapping a lot of incorrect parts on a car is certainally not a restoration. I am I pretty this shop already has a bit of a "reputation".
    Phil

Another sloppy detail. Check out the close pic up of the steering wheel stitching. Straight single stitch with big gaps in between. Not a lot of love put into restoring this car.

Didn't this thing sell for $43,600 a couple of weeks ago??? Same car with Breitlings.

Man you guys are picky ! OK I'll bite.

bling bling red calipers and slotted front discs

1 gallon of rattle can paint used on the fan and housing

There has been plenty of discussion of BMC a/k/a Dreams on Wheels on this board, most recently in this thread. He didn't have the nicest things to say about me for commenting on the quality of his Porsche restorations.

By the way, it looks like this particular car has made its way west from Florida. It's not clear from the ebay ad whether the car is being resold from a prior sale or whether hbrand is just trying to test the market out west from a couple of nosales in the east. My guess is the latter.

Like I said before, caveat emptor.