Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of butterscotch brown interior wanted

Pictures of butterscotch brown interior wanted

Hello,

how does a butterscotch brown interior look like?
    What year was it offered?
    Is there any difference in the brown/tan interior for a 1968 SWB and the butterscotch brown interior?
    Thanks for all interior pictures in advance.

Claudius

Picture of my 1968 SWB tan/brown interior
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dunno about the butterscotch, but I must say that's a really nice looking interior you got there.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

AAaaarrrgggh - you're colour combination is the same as mine!

I've been trying to find a period set of seats in that colour for five years now

Are the carpets original? I thought colour carpets didn't come in until around 69 / 70 model year? Mine are salt and peper and completely original.

If you ever want to sell those seats

Philip
    --
    1973 911 Carrera RS #496
    Early 911S Registry #1808

Gorgeous car, Claudius.
    1971 911E Targa

All of you 911E owners, come join us at The 911E Registry at 911E.org

tan interiors

Hi All, here a picture of an interior we did for a customer...first ones are inleatherette basket weave and the seats installed are all leather.
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

tan interiors

Hi All, here a picture of an interior we did for a customer...first ones are inleatherette basket weave and the seats installed are all leather.
    regards Stefan GTSclassics
    702 353 7175
    ClassicCarSeats.com

MJ 1968 was the first year which was offered with different carpet colours and the last of SWB.
    It was a so called -Komplettausstattung braun-.

I have heared about a butterscotch brown interior and I donīt know whether it is a official Porsche interior name or what it is looking like.

I would be glad to see more tan/brown interiors and the year, it was offered!!

Thanks.

Claudius

Russet interior

Those are my leather seats up there (thanks Stefan!), however, my interior isn't butterscotch, I believe it's called Russet. Or at least that's what I've seen it referred as. It's a nice dark brown, too bad the cocomats don't match...
    911S Registry #837
    1972 911T Sepia

Don't mean to digress from Cladius's thread about the seats, but does anyone know where to get original brown carpet for the 69-73 cars? It's easy to find charcoal, but no one seems to have brown...

P.S. I have had the pleasure of seeing Claudius's 68S in person, and had the honor of driving her too.

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    Don't mean to digress from Cladius's thread about the seats, but does anyone know where to get original brown carpet for the 69-73 cars? It's easy to find charcoal, but no one seems to have brown...
    I have what is described as "tan" leatherette and light brown carpet in my 1973E (option #32) There were two browns offered in 72 and 73 (probably in most other years as well) - a light tan and a darker brown. In earlier years (1970 71 and before) the "tan" was called "beige" but seems to be a similar colour, if not the same.

I have never head of any of the options being called butterscotch brown although the light tan is about that colour.

Mine is almost totally worn out and in line for replacement - both the seats and the carpet. I had been toying with the idea of black with black and white houndstooth (as I have some sitting in a closet) or something non standard like a red interior and black and white houndstooth - a bit like Curt's silver targa.

This was particularly so as both the tan leatherette and tan carpet is VERY NLA .

I have looked all over for correct carpet and tan leatherette but the best I have been able to come up with is to get a "close match". I have been told that a Mercedes tan carpet is a close match but am not sure if it is any better than a number of other options.

All the advice I have had on the tan leatherette is to go for leather instead as it can be dyed to match.

On matching the colour I cut out a couple of swatches from the back of the parcel shelf and in a fold of one of the rear seats, as they should be close to original colour - When I compared them against all of the other exposed panels, seats etc there was a significant colour difference with the exposed panels lighter, and more a yellow / green colour than the original untouched material. Obviously the effects of 30 plus years of Australian sun and chemicals in cleaning materials.

The original is very close to the pic of Claudius' car - or as close as you can tell with a PC monitor.

I have been told it is possible to reproduce both the carpet and vinyl but the minimum order of carpet is 500m2 and vinyl 700 running metres - slightly more than I (or probably everyone on this board) needs!

I have decided however to go with the tan and get as close a match as possible - although without any good original carpet to compare to I will have to rely on the trimmers memory and judgement rather than mine

To keep this thread on track I am attaching a couple of pics of my "ratty" interior. The light was a bit poor so the colour (of the carpet in particular)does not look as brown as it does in reality.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776