Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reproduction ST Tank information wanted

Reproduction ST Tank information wanted

Recently there was a thread in which some one replied that at Classic Le Mans reproduction ST tanks were being offered at around 2000 euro. I can not find that particular thread. Can anyone provide a link to that particular thread?

Richard

Hello there.

Yes, i saw them...I'm afraid i mislaid the contact detail.

But a web search might help..it was a german resto outfit who were selling an ST replica..psychedelic larousse colours..on the stand..

They had some other bits too..like the repro 915 RS oil pump..

Kind regards
    David

Thanks David for replying.

I can not find that particular thread any more. Do you recall when approximately you replied to that thread?

Lately I have been offered two such NOS tanks and I wonder if they are real or reproduction(s).

Richard

Hello, Richard.

Not more than two weeks I'm sure.

I looked hard at the repro on the stand, and could not see any way it differed from OEM.

The date stamp etc all correct..

I would be unsurprised to learn it came from the OEM maker..possibly dribbling them onto the market to maintain the price.?

Kind regards
    David

Hi David,

I am afraid that the particular thread has been vanished for whatever reason . It's so weird that history can be erased since it contains valuable information .

Anyway I would appreciate input re. how to tell an original tank from a reproduction. To me it's unusual that all of the sudden NOS ST tanks start popping up. Just a coincidence?

Richard

Original Manufacturer

I cannot imagine them making these as the liability should scare anyone off.
    Here is the company. The specialize in packaging/bottling etc.

Good luck,

Tom

K. Kurz Hessental GmbH + Co.KG,
    74523 Schwäbisch Hall-Hessental Karl-Kurz-Str. 36
    Tel.: 0791-4070-22
    Fax: 0791-4070-20
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

David is refering to http://www.sprintline.info. I can't find the other thread that refers to the NOS tank that I bought.
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

David is refering to http://www.sprintline.info. I can't find the other thread that refers to the NOS tank that I bought.
    Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction.

Nick I searched for almost 45 minutes. That particular thread has been removed. Why?? (Things that make me go hmmm).

Richard

This is the tank I bought

and another

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Nick thank you for posting the pictures.

Were all the ST tanks the same? For instance all dated 71?

Richard