Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just bought Vic Elford's '68 Monte Carlo 911 for $70

I just bought Vic Elford's '68 Monte Carlo 911 for $70

No really I did... it's just 32 times smaller.

...and thanks to Gburner I now have another hobby.
    Torsion Bar Impaired... again.

Gburner
    Hey that's a good looking car!
    Roland, Bill, you and I all have new race cars.
    When we doing it again?
    I only have 10 hours left to finish my 911, this slot thing is becoming a distraction.

Some info you may already have.
    Jim's site, Saturday at my place he brought his own collection of 300 cars and two book cases of several hundred cars for sale.
    http://www.nomadslotracing.com/
    Found my track here.
    http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/index.php?
    Any other good slot links?
    Any more 1/32 slot racers here? or in the San Diego area?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know it I should say thanks... Saturday night when something like this:

Gburner: Hey Flätsix, you wanna try smoking a little crack?
    Flätsix: Well... maybe just a little.

four hours later...

Flätsix: Where did all my money go?

lol.

I went to the hobby shop yesterday (cause you crack dealer is closed Sat/Sun) and bought a Carrera track with Moby Dick and a 512LM. Then I made a trip to Home Despot and now I have a 8'x8' table in the garage. I'm thinking I can do a 8'x12' and have it attach to the ceiling.

Now the question is what track to I build?

This place has decent prices and shows pretty much everything for every car maker.
    http://www.hotslots132.com/132slotcars.php

Give me till next weekend and I'll make Bill Noon's car collection look like Fred Sanford's (in 1/32 scale).

Gburner
    That's funny!
    PM me with your email address.

Jim and his buddy are going to visit after the Super Bowl to get the track ready for races.
    Phillipe is pretty sharp and is going to convert the track from negative polarity to postive and add a reverse direction switch.
    Convert to aligator clip style controller stations and color code the lanes in critical areas too.
    Next on the list a transistor-based controller....with adjustable brake and gain controls.
    http://www.nomadslotracingestore.com...umber=PMTR2042
    Yeah Saturday night Kinninger with his two sons said oh no I'm gonna have to eat $100 of food to break even tonight.

Yea another long steep slope ride!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Flat six, i recieved mine a week ago, the details are real good, love it, wish i could afford the real one

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche
    Where did you get it? I've got a similar model but yours look better.
    I purchased it from a local shop, but you can find it online like here:
    http://www.hotslots132.com/index.php...sort=2a&page=9

It's made by a company called Fly that also makes other 911s as well as 906s, 908s, 917s, etc. Too much good stuff!!! Fly's detail is very good and the performance is there, but they need some running in to be fast.

Like with anything these companies are out to make a buck, so they make one tool and paint/print different schemes. Sometimes realism suffers and you get a 934 with a ducktail. Or you have something labeled Carrera RS and it has RSR flares. In the case on the Vic Elford car it's a Carrera RSR with no ducktail and rally lights. I'm happy they are making somewhat of an effort though and it gives chance to make it correct if you have scale modeling experience.

They are lacking in V8 Supercars though and that is a shame.

I managed to come home with a Fly 906, Fly 250 GTO, Revell/Monogram Lotus Cortina, and a Scaletrex Rocketsports Trans-Am Jag. It's only been since Saturday night, so I think I need to slow down.

Wow. Dunno if it's safe to admit this, but I was an avid 1/8th scale carpet racer...8 minutes with canam bodied cars. And one time I travelled down to Kissimmee, Fla and raced at the paved tri-oval 1/10th scale nascars. I still have all the stuff (motor lathes, tire lathes, charging equipment, etc) for it. Gotta remember to post a pic of my crap, er, stuff.
    Nowadays I race online in GTR2. If you really wanna enjoy some Porsches, get that game and have enough computer to make it fly. The racing leagues are great stuff and you can enjoy it from the comfort of your desk at work. LMAO
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Schooley
    Wow. Dunno if it's safe to admit this, but I was an avid 1/8th scale carpet racer...8 minutes with canam bodied cars. . LMAO
    1/8 scale a real MAN!
    Yeah in the late 80s I was second 2 seasons in a row in the Ron Paris series we had in the south west, raced the Ranch, Santa Monica, Vegas and San Diego. That was gas on road on asphalt, 5lb two speed 50+ mph nitro burning ground gripping road rockets!
    The guy I got my slot track from races 1/8 gas on road in San Jose, the latest cars are awesome and expensive to race.

I always admired the gas racers, but wasn't ready to commit to that level of racing (was in the midst of starting a family at the time). I mostly ran the 4 cel modified electric 1/12 cars at the local club carpet tracks in the winter.

oops...noted above I said 1/8th scale...brain was not engaged...I meant 1/12th scale, sorry.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330