Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Track day at 'the STREETS'

Hi Jeff,

Will you be running the bowl on your track day (I hope)? and what direction do you think you'll run your event. If running the bowl, I'm in. I'll contact you directly.

Thanks,

Chris
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eade Hopkinson
    Johnny, would you show this old dog around the SOW?? I thought the track was great, the big track looked very cool, but we could not run on it. Jack O. and I had a great time on the short track, take care
    Now Eade what if before your next SOW track day, you found a cheapy 3.8 tailbase and 50 inch wing (ask Jae at Mirage) like Johnny's and a set of 17 track rims (CCW rims?) with some new Kumho 710s (Discount mobile service will match Tire Rack and do it at your garage). Get a helmet and ride along as you let Chuck Miller show you the line.... what if you got out and Chuck did a flyer. 3 phone calls and you might be top time, oh and a call to Chuck too.

Me, I just want to get mine off the bench.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner
    Now Eade what if before your next SOW track day, you found a cheapy 3.8 tailbase and 50 inch wing (ask Jae at Mirage) like Johnny's and a set of 17 track rims (CCW rims?) with some new Kumho 710s (Discount mobile service will match Tire Rack and do it at your garage). Get a helmet and ride along as you let Chuck Miller show you the line.... what if you got out and Chuck did a flyer. 3 phone calls and you might be top time, oh and a call to Chuck too.

Me, I just want to get mine off the bench.
    Mike, as I said to you tonight, I JUST LOVE THE TRACK TIME I HAD AT BUTTONWILLOW!!!!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Gburner, Where did you get that lift? I need one for the garage. -Scott

Mike,

Loving your car. When do you think it will be back where it belongs? Can't wait to see it up close.......Also, that is a very cool lift under your car. Please share info on that, including approx. cost if you recall. Thanks in advance buddy.

CT

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Gburner
    It's the BendPak model MD6XP. I got it from a friend but he bought it new from Garage Equipment Suppliers. They are out of CA.
    http://www.bendpak.com/product_info.isg?products_id=759
    I plan to make a shallow pit for it so I can drive right over it without the 2x10 ramps.
    Next month it will be ready for the track, first I need to get the 3M stoneguard on the nose.
    Till then I'm just cruiseing it around town.

Thanks Mike,

Will look in to it.

Cheers.....

CT

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

So anything developing on this? ...or is the vibe to hook up with Jeff & the 356 guyz on Mar 28th at SoW?

....juzzzz curious
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

John,

I only have 4 more spots left. We are limiting to just 30 cars and it is geared to first time trackers. That said, we do have a very fast group on experienced drivers showing up to round out the group. So far 16 912's, 7 356's and 3 911's are committed.
    Various Porsche's

Also wondering about an update as well as my calender is starting to fill up with track days! Looks like I will be heading up to Laguna Seca in April. My first time at that track and I can't wait.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608