Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vintage license plate frames

I have a vintage Wester frame that came with my 912 from out west in '04. Is this the one you are looking for? It has the VW and Porsche logos on each side.

Steve Var.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wester VW/Porsche frame.......

Steve,
    You sent me this same message late morning yesterday. Now you posted the same thing here late afternoon. I responded promptly to your email. Are you merely going to post this here or were you intending to discuss my interest in the frame? It gives the distinct appearance of trolling...

As delightful as it is to know that one of these has survived, is there anyone else here that has one and is interested in SELLING it to me? I commented earlier about good Karma and a bit of that would go a long way.

Anyone with one that is interested in selling it to me???? [yes, even in beat up condition like the one pictured]

John Rice

Direct email is best- I am not here every day-
    jrice930-at-comcast.net

John, I posted here first then sent you the same text in the email right after.(not vise-versa). You were first IF I were selling it( where did I ever mention this frame was for sale, I just asked if this one is what you were looking for). This frame is in excellent shape and has no cracks. I do not know why the 'blue' is there. It comes off with #0000 steel wool. This is the way it came to me. I was willing to let you have it (karma??). The frame has no significance to me at all and we are not all money driven. Since this frame is not good enough for you and is 'beat up' then keep looking.

I do not know why you are throwing 'words' around(trolling?)but it is unnessessary to assume anything.

Thanks.

Steve Var.

Here are a few for your viewing pleasure.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=295560

Some of the Berverly Hills say Zipper and some don't, no idea how to tell how old they are. I'm just showing, if I can ever figure out how to upload pics I'll post some more.

John- I don't have yours.

I worked at a Porsche repair shop in the mid 70's in Santa Barbara, and we would routinely take off whatever was on the car and put ours on. Can't imagine what we threw away.

I would apologize but....

First, now that no one is attacking my dear friend Paul anymore it is important to keep it lively and give anyone that wants a reason to vent.

Steve,
    If I misjudged you, then I do aploigize to you. Here in public. Yea, it IS a bit beat up, isn't it? Yes, you DID take quite some while to mention anything at all and you never did respond to me except here where you expressed a generous intent.. Whatever. It is a surprise to me as I would have expected anyone to respond to be expressing an implied desire to part with their frame... but I simply WANT TO FIND A WESTER P-A Frame from someone and I don't care if I Pay TOOOO MUCH for it as I simply want one for my own selfish and very personal reasons. I am quite happy to pay for one as long as it is useable. I don't need any more images from anyone.. I just need any one individual who HAS one of these and is willing to part with it to make my humble life complete, ok? SO, anyone sincere who has one and would like to SELL it for real honest-to-goodness USofA dollars and I will try to make your life a little better but please, no games. Just contact me DIRECTLY, not the list, and send an email to jrice930-at-comcast.net and tell me what you have and what you want and let's try to make each other's lives a touch richer. Thats WESTER PORSCHE-or-Imports-or Porsche Audi or VW-Porsche. Thanks and the best of karma.
    John Rice

Dear 88CS

[I'm pretty sure I know who this is.. if so "Hi!", if now, "Hi" anyway.

Guys if you happen to look through and see the link, be sure to click on it, but be careful as you may have a minor heart attack if you know the old dealers and times as it brings a lot of memories back. Thanks for the memories.
    JR