Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Factory Tour

Ferrari Factory Tour

I know this is anathema to some (ferrari talk), but i will be in Bologna for work, and seeing that Maranello is nearby, i was wondering if any ferrari owners/friends of the agnelli-elkann family, would be willing to intercede on my behalf so that i could your the factory on Thursday March 8th?
    It would be a marvellous place to visit for any car fan, even if it is not zuffenhausen

All I know is that it is closed to the public (ie, me and you) but open to owners/dealers/friends of dealers etc.

I would of course bring back the requisite t-shirt, and a nice bottle of wine from the region.

Thanks,

Karl.

karlodonoghue@gmail.com
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

cavallino

karl,I think those those tours have to be planned in advanced;but across the street from the factory is the resturant CAVALLINO,it's great!it's worth the trip

go to the rstr. in the early eve. just after the Ferrari shift is off and half the factory will be there having dinner and some wine. maybe even get someone to take pity and arrange an impromtu tour. I just happen upon this couple of yrs ago on a euro tour and it was amazing. I stayed a day longer in that little town to do the tour a mgr. arranged and to see some running on the test track right by the rstr.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Frank, I was planning to eat at Cavallino as well.
    If all else fails, how bad to be there, enjoying a nice meal ... its what life is all about

I just have the day, and i'll have to scoot off by evening, so the evening shift idea won;t work for me ..... but what a great idea
    b*03, you should post some pics if you had some ... sounds like a great trip.

thanks guys, and if i do finagle a way in, i'll post some pics

Karl.

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Sounds like fun Karl, hope you figure out a way to get inside. You might even catch a glimpse of the '07 F1 car doing some
    last minute testing before being shipped off to Australia.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Karl,

Post your plea on:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/

Hardcore group of tifosi - someone will try hard to make it happen for you!

Good Luck - please share pics! You might find yourself doing shots with Kimi at the bar!
    Henry Garazo
    '68 Polo Red 911L Barn Find
    '70T 2.7 Coupe
    '58 1600S T2-A Speedster
    '87 Triple Black Carrera Coupe
    "Form Follows Function"
    Early 911S Registry #962
    Potomac Region PCA

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Karl-
    The Ferrari museum in Maranello is well worth the visit, even if you don't get behind the doors of the factory itself.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Good idea Henry, just did so ... perhaps the tifosi will help out.
    Scott, pretty much what i was going to do anyway, you;re right ... should be a good day, regardless.
    Jim, if i do bump into jean todt, i will tell him that you are ready and willing to help out if he calls

Thanks guys ...

Karl

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Scope Creep Poster Child
    When I was there I stopped into a shop where they were repairing Lancia homologation specials, Ferraris, and the like, to ask about the location of the museum. The mechanic not only told me where it was, he gave me a ride there as he was going that way. He told me that if I wandered towards Fiorano from the museum that I could find the F1 workshop, and that sometimes one could sneak a peek inside. I walked that way, but was unable to find it (I think I didn't go far enough away from the Maranelo/Modena road). I did find a body shop that had a stack of torn-up Ferrari valances about 12 feet tall! There seemed to be a ton of shops around the factory that did work on very exotic machinery. Also, I ate lunch at a cafe across the street from the factory, and was joined by a dozen or so factory workers.
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab

Sounds like it's almost impossible to NOT have a great time in Maranello.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687