Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Four Eyed Raccoon Car

My Four Eyed Raccoon Car

Thought I would experiment with fogs but decided on a different approach with satin black instead of chrome much like some of my favorite cars.
    Haven't decided if I am going to keep this look.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Well, I'm nobody special, but I think it looks great. It's different, classy, and helps break up the silver on front of the car. Chrome would be too bright, and you already have black script and "decos". Goo choice.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

If you had asked, I would have said that it was a bad idea, but that looks really good! I say keep it.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

It looks like you car got its ass kicked. I'm not loving it.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Let me think about this and get back to you .....

Hey Bob, I like the other look better BUT if you keep this look, try using FLAT BLACK, I think it would look better than SATIN.

Quote Originally Posted by JBQuick
    Hey Bob, I like the other look better BUT if you keep this look, try using FLAT BLACK, I think it would look better than SATIN.
    Or the color anthrecite (sp?). Whatever you do, Bob, it's always a hit.

Porsche - There Is No Substitute 2POINT7's Avatar
    If it's feedback you're looking for, sorry.....don't love it. I think I would prefer polished chrome or at least body color, but each to his own.
    Ed Cave
    Atlanta, GA

Member No. 738

1958 Porsche 356A Sunroof Coupe
    1998 Porsche Carrera S
    2008 Porsche Carrera S (her dd)
    2013 Audi A7 (my dd)

Bob, are your aux lights from Daniel Stern? I ordered a pair of driving lights from him which look very similar. I had a tough time reconciling keeping the car period correct"ish" with the hammered satin finish. I ended up returning them. Unfortunatley he didn't carry any in chrome.

On your car I am torn. You car is so absolutley beautiful as it was, but understand you quest. It is a different look, but just don't know.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. Honestly - my mind was made up once I backed the car out of the garage and had the opportunity to "digest" the changes.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com